93 650L electical safety switches

2 replies to this topic
  • Kyle_E

Posted November 19, 2006 - 09:43 PM

I have heard that if you pull the clutch safety switch wires from the cluth lever perch, short them together and run a ground that this will disable the clutch safety, the kickstand safety and the nuetral safety switch. Sounds like a good idea to me and a better way to go so in the event you are a ways from camp and do the big endo, coming up minus some parts and skin, you will not have to worry if your kick stand, clutch lever and perch, etc. are missing a few wires causing your bike not to start with no tow truck in sight. Has anyone done this, did it cause any problems, any issues, etc.???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LotsOfBikes

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:03 AM

I only removed my kickstand switch from my 1995 650L.. I have left all of the others intact though. Haven't had any problems with the other safety switches in over 60,000 miles.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 20, 2006 - 08:57 AM

I just keep that little tidbit of info filed away in case I need it.

My kickstand switch was disabled (removed!) by a stick, needless to say I didn't re-install it.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.