93 650L Carb and other questions

1 reply to this topic
  • Kyle_E

Posted November 19, 2006 - 09:33 PM

I just traded for a 93 650L and have a few questions. First, this is the first carb I have seen that doesn't have an adjustable float tang??? Is there any way to set the floats or is it one setting does it all, don't mess with it the factory knows best. Second, I am only putting out 5.8 amps current to the main fuse, it should be around 13 amps, the stator resistance checks fine but I can't get a reading on the rectifier with my ohm meter, anyone have this problem, any suggestions, I don't think I am getting a charge. Third, where do I find the procedure for adjusting the choke cable??? Also, last but not least, any suggestions on setting up suspension or articles, posts, etc., that goes into detail on the 650L suspension. Thanks for any and all help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted November 20, 2006 - 09:03 AM

Float is not adjustable.

You won't get full current output unless you have full load.

Check with a voltmeter at the battery to see if its charging.
13, 13.5, 14 volts, that'd be nice to see.

Choke cable adjustment- well, if the little slide bottoms out with the choke 'off' that's probably all you need.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.