Why Crf has better sales numbers.OkOo

28 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Amen brother.

Exactly. It's my choice, and I don't need that validated by having the majority of the population agree with me. Anyone who wants a Honda, or any other kind of bike for his own reasons (even if it's because of the color) is free to do so, and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it's more fun to pass guys on other bike brands than on other Yamahas, don't you think?

My original points were two, and they were fairly simple ones: The idea that Hondas sell better because they are red is wholly incredible, and collapses in the face of any examination of the rest of their product line outside of dirt bikes, and, if you expect to be able to exchange ideas in writing, you should take a certain amount of care in the process so that you can be more easily understood.

If I were to carry on a conversation with you or anyone face to face, you would expect me to speak clearly and sensibly, and get to the point in a reasonable amount of time. There is no reason that you should not expect the same from someone in this forum. No one expects each and every post to be grammatically perfect, just close enough to it that the reader need not work too hard to get the idea of what's been written. It's just simple courtesy, not Master's English.

My apologies for the rant(s).

• YZ426F Rider

Posted November 20, 2006 - 04:23 PM

Yup...if it were a color issue then why does KTM basically own the off-road bike market (at least around here)? They own it not because orange is a nice color but because they make a damn good bike for competitve off-road riding....bikes that CRF-X's and WR's cannot hold a candle to.

Although I must say that the '07 KTM's with the black wheels are pretty sharp...I'm currently drooling over a 300 XC-W...but that would be in addition to my YZF

• NDC

Posted November 20, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Exactly. It's my choice, and I don't need that validated by having the majority of the population agree with me. Anyone who wants a Honda, or any other kind of bike for his own reasons (even if it's because of the color) is free to do so, and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it's more fun to pass guys on other bike brands than on other Yamahas, don't you think?

My original points were two, and they were fairly simple ones: The idea that Hondas sell better because they are red is wholly incredible, and collapses in the face of any examination of the rest of their product line outside of dirt bikes, and, if you expect to be able to exchange ideas in writing, you should take a certain amount of care in the process so that you can be more easily understood.

If I were to carry on a conversation with you or anyone face to face, you would expect me to speak clearly and sensibly, and get to the point in a reasonable amount of time. There is no reason that you should not expect the same from someone in this forum. No one expects each and every post to be grammatically perfect, just close enough to it that the reader need not work too hard to get the idea of what's been written. It's just simple courtesy, not Master's English.

Wait...I can't follow all that, can you elaborate. :p :cheers:

• Chickenhauler

Posted November 20, 2006 - 05:53 PM

They have always been well known and had a great advertising strategy. Marketing to young riders on mini-bikes. And, once they had you in their corner, they had a brand loyal customer.

That's the exact idea that KTM has been using, build an extremely competitive mini class bike (50 SX and 65 SX) and you have them hooked on your product harder than a crackhead after his first high!

All 4 Japanese manufacturers better be careful-watch your local kiddy races, the fastest kids are usually on orange, and the slow kids are begging mom and dad for the Great Pumpkin. KTM has put tons of R&D into the 5-8 year old class bikes, while the Big 4 just keep pumping out the same reheated garbage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:00 PM

I Am not english! you (invective) . I am ITALIAN! I came to this country when I was !18! Who the hell cares about my spelling? you got the point did you not? there is 3 pages to my post because it is interesting! that is why I wrote it! MY computer skills? I have been swinging a hammer since I was 13 building houses.Last month is the first time I touched one of these things!How many times can you talk about the same (thing)? If this is what this place is all about these (invective) you can shove it!

• CarpeDiem

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:16 PM

I was true blue for some time...I recently bought a 2007 CRF450R.

Think about it from a marketing perspective.. The first manufacture that gets their new products to the public months before the competition has a distinct advantage in sales. Yamaha seems to have been slow to release some of their 2007 product line.

Supply and Demand...

• YZ426F Rider

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:23 PM

I Am not english! you A hole . I am ITALIAN! I came to this country when I was !18! Who the hell cares about my spelling? you got the point did you not? there is 3 pages to my post because it is interesting! that is why I wrote it! MY computer skills? I have been swinging a hammer since I was 13 building houses.Last month is the first time I touched one of these things!How many times can you talk about the same shit? If this is what this place is all about these fags kissing your ass you can shove it!

Chill bro...you have great english for somebody that grew up in Italy, however, no one would know that...it's all you had to say. But now you are just pissing people off for no reason.

• BDOG510

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:28 PM

Why I am partial to Hondas...

1.) The Honda looks good. Red attracts.
2) The Honda may not always be the absolute best but you can count on it being close.
3) Their bikes are built with good fastners- no cheap hardware like Kawi and Suzuki.
4) For me they have been very reliable with the exception of clutch wear.

5) The 2007 CRF 450 is the baddest machine on the planet(Which I recently broke my femur on.)

That being said if I could not have a Honda my next choice would be a YZ.

The crf and yz are heads and shoulders aboove the others.

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2006 - 06:30 PM

I Am not english! you (invective) . I am ITALIAN! I came to this country when I was !18! Who the hell cares about my spelling? you got the point did you not? there is 3 pages to my post because it is interesting! that is why I wrote it! MY computer skills? I have been swinging a hammer since I was 13 building houses.Last month is the first time I touched one of these things!How many times can you talk about the same (thing)? If this is what this place is all about these (invective) you can shove it!

And if you had put as much effort into your first post on this thread as this one, no one could have criticized it, other than to disagree with your point. What you produced here was as flawlessly written as it would ever need to be for anyone to have understood it.

And by the way, your English is vastly superior to my Italian. :cheers:

But watch your language.

Look, I've read most of your 20 other posts, and you seem to be a thoughtful guy with something to say. All I want is to be able to read your stuff without having to work too hard. That's all.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.