just got a 07?????????

10 replies to this topic
  • fish525

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:34 AM

so what are the free mods if there are any and what about pipe slection I need a sparky and to meet the 96 db I just came off of a 05 wr and wanted a lighter bike this time to race in the califorina desert.

• kyle450rider

Posted November 19, 2006 - 07:22 PM

Its not free but i would get a fuel screw for it.It really cleans up the bog.

• NorCal

Posted November 19, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Do some research before you buy a fuel mixture screw. I bought one from Ride Engineering and it fell out in less than an hour.

• kyle450rider

Posted November 19, 2006 - 11:40 PM

Do some research before you buy a fuel mixture screw. I bought one from Ride Engineering and it fell out in less than an hour.

It was probably not the fuel screw.They are all built just alike.If it fell out you might need to stretch the spring slightly.

• mxpro125

Posted November 20, 2006 - 10:24 AM

Jet kit and the GYTR full system(made by white brothers) made an impressive difference. :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TooFast

Posted November 20, 2006 - 10:44 AM

I"ve got a brand new Pro Moto Billet end cap with spark arrestor in the package never opened, PM me if interested

• steve_97060

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:07 PM

I"ve got a brand new Pro Moto Billet end cap with spark arrestor in the package never opened, PM me if interested

Too bad I didn't know this last week...

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:17 PM

There are two reasons this happens, and one of them will cause even the stock screw to fall out. The first is that some of the fuel screws on the market are actually not made the same dimensions as the stock screw. Some tend to be very slightly smaller at the diameter that runs through the O-ring than stock. That can reduce the tension that the O-ring puts on the screw. The other is that people will install them with the too-lean factory jetting still in place, and back the screw out until the bike runs better. This will often put the screw at something over 3 turns out, and that will reduce the spring pressure on the O-ring, which reduces the tension on the screw, which lets it fall out.

Stretch the spring about 10-15%, and go up a size on the pilot if you find yourself more than 2 3/4 turns out.

• Blue4Ever

Posted November 20, 2006 - 01:23 PM

You should not need to stretch the spring. As Grey stated you may have had the fuel screw too far out (3 or 3+ turns) which would confirm you need to re-jet. Sunline does make a fuel screw with a additional o-ring further down on the shaft to reduce vibration and unwanted backing out.

• vpmx

Posted November 20, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Jet kit and the GYTR full system(made by white brothers) made an impressive difference. :cheers:

My dealer told me that Muzzy makes the GYTR exhaust system. I would love to know whether or not White Brothers actually makes it. Do you have any further information or resource to confirm? Thanks.

• fish525

Posted November 21, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Thanks guys I all ready got a bunch of stuff for the bike befor I even got it and one thing was a fule screw I allways get scotts when it comes to thes things so there are no littly thing to do like on the WRs?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.