Couple Questions

2 replies to this topic
  • 2000 xr650r

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:01 PM

After not finding the answer in my manual, Does my 2000 xr650r have tranny fluid? From what i have gathered the motor oil is also used in the transmission, unlike a crf450x. Also i am tired of buying lots of honda oil. How many guys use Rottella oil? Is the rottella used in diesels or what it called? Thanks for answering my dumb questions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted November 18, 2006 - 08:03 PM

use good motorcycle oil! motul, motrex, amzoil, and more are all good.

• Mudshark

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:23 PM

After not finding the answer in my manual, Does my 2000 xr650r have tranny fluid? From what i have gathered the motor oil is also used in the transmission, unlike a crf450x. Also i am tired of buying lots of honda oil. How many guys use Rottella oil? Is the rottella used in diesels or what it called? Thanks for answering my dumb questions.

Yes it runs tranny / clutch and engine all in the same oil, hence the frequent
oil change schedule.
I use Rotella T Synthetic. It's obtainable at Walmart. My bike runs cooler
and quiter on it than with any of the other oils I've tried. It is a bit high
in ash (turns dark pretty quick) but at 600 to 800 miles between oil changes
it's no problem.
My next favourite oil was / is Motul. It performs as well as the Rotella, but
costs quite a lot. I don't belive in throwing cheap oil into my pig, it works
hard, I ride it every day. :cheers:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.