Anyone with 2007 XR650L?

14 replies to this topic
  • motivater

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:20 PM

has anyone just bought a new 2007 XR650L?..........just wondering if anyone is just getting into riding the XR650L. I just bought one and was just curious......long time since I had a dual sport...

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:31 PM

has anyone just bought a new 2007 XR650L?..........just wondering if anyone is just getting into riding the XR650L. I just bought one and was just curious......long time since I had a dual sport...

Me, i just got a new 06 and already have 1300 miles on it in 2 months!

Awesome bike! Even better with some tweaking!

Loving every minute i am on it! :cheers:

• squatpuke

Posted November 19, 2006 - 01:22 AM

Just put my first 100 miles on my '07

• motivater

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:20 AM

thats a lot of miles!!!! I only have 300 on mine but I share the ride time with a aniversery edition yamaha R6. I think I like riding off rode the most but its nice to beable to do both. Do you guys recomend any mods on it including cosmetic?

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:32 AM

Do you guys recomend any mods on it including cosmetic?

Open up your intake by removing the snorkel and adding a nice air filter (i use UNI) and then adjust your jets by whichever method you choose after researching it.

When i got my bike, i found a lot of posts about "Daves Mods" so i did that, the throttle response was MUCH better but i couldnt get the carb dialed in to my liking. I went with the Dynojet, jet kit and its night and day better then the Daves Mods. Seems people either like the DJ kit or hate it, personally, i love my setup right now (Desmogged, DeSnorkeled, Dynojet Kit, Stock Pipe with Baffle Removed)

Some links:

http://www.dirtrodde...r650l/diet.html

https://www.bajadesi...ItemCode=151020

http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

Enjoy :cheers:

• rebelventurer

Posted November 19, 2006 - 09:44 AM

I have an 04 L model, just turned over 10000 on it.
Mods to do;
desmog- IMS desmog kit
air filter- K&N or Uni, and remove snorkel
rejet- Daves mods and or Dynojet/ FCR or edelbrock pumper carb
exhaust- I highly reccomend the all stainless XRs only full system
gearing- go with a new RK x ring chain and 14 tooth counter sprocket and 45(stock) to 48 rear sprocket.
Fuel tank- IMS or Clarke 4+ gallon
Case saver- XRs only
Skid plate- ThumperTalk store
Shark fin- XRs only ultimate shark fin
Chain guide- XRs only
Footpegs- XRs only
Rear tail light- Baja Designs LED, dot approved version/ illuminates license plate
Rear fender- Honda crf450r/x
oil temp gauge- xrs only dipstick with temperature
Tires- Dunlop 606, 90/100-21 front and 130/100-18 rear
triple clamp and fork brace- RSW Racing
handlebars- ProTaper
fork boots- dirtskins neoprene
Theres a few for you, and they will radically change the way you bike performs, looks and handles!
Oh, if you want to take anything with you when you ride get the xrs only billet fender rack! :cheers:

• Adamsvh67

Posted November 19, 2006 - 10:33 AM

Have about 320 mostly trail miles on my '07 XRL and I love it. Still have lots to do, but enjoying it in stock form for now. Did remove snorkel and smog stuff few days ago. Helped. Still ways to go. Ran into the wife's car last night. Put a dent in her fender, Will be visiting local body shop tomorrow. Yes, I'm a moron. But, do really like the bike!!
Enjoy...
AV

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motivater

Posted November 19, 2006 - 03:22 PM

I know how its is..........my wife would realy kill me but I have come close to stuff like that!

• pgiinc

Posted November 19, 2006 - 07:39 PM

I have a 2007 with 122 miles check out my garage

• motivater

Posted November 20, 2006 - 08:44 AM

GREAT PICTURES.......what does the 07 on your fork stand for?

• Adamsvh67

Posted November 20, 2006 - 10:11 AM

Got the word from the body shop. 362 bucks to fix small dent and scratch. There goes my new pipe...

• motomonte

Posted November 20, 2006 - 10:36 AM

Got the word from the body shop. 362 bucks to fix small dent and scratch. There goes my new pipe...

It's either fix the car or buy a new pipe and sleep in the sofa:busted:

• squatpuke

Posted November 20, 2006 - 01:01 PM

sofa...

• SVTCOBRA4U

Posted November 20, 2006 - 02:59 PM

just got one few weeks ago and did the standard mods, man what a diff, I absoulutely love mine

• Adamsvh67

Posted November 20, 2006 - 03:27 PM

:p

It's either fix the car or buy a new pipe and sleep in the sofa:busted:

Yeah, thought of that. :cheers:

Guess I'll fix it. Would rather get some than have a pipe right now. Besides, maybe by Christmas she'll have forgotten and get me the pipe?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.