Xrs Only Cemoto Rear Fender ????

22 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 04:34 PM

Hey Guys

I saw this bike on eBay and I really like the rear fender/eliminator setup.

The only one that i see listed on the site is this one:

XR2501986-95 / XR350 1985 / XR600 1985-Up
P/N 06-7001-(W,B,R) – MX Style
$44.95

Anyone have any info or know anything about this fender?? How similar are the XR600 and XR650L Rear fenders?

I am leaning towards installing a Baja Designs fender eliminator kit and it needs this style fender to work ok (the stock one slants down too much in the rear).

Anyone seen this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...052376034QQrdZ1

What are the other options? CRF? I am looking for something that looks somewhat stock, but i can mount the rear bag and fender eliminator kit to. I know the CRF looks more Motocross"ish" but it would work great with the fender eliminator.

Any insight?

Thanks

:cheers:

• goblin127

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:56 PM

I've been useing the Maeir MX style fender and it was a perfect bolt on. (600R) Then I used the baja design under the fender LED tail light,works perfect. The light is not DOT! I got a sticker without a problem this time.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:58 PM

I've been useing the Maeir MX style fender and it was a perfect bolt on. (600R) Then I used the baja design under the fender LED tail light,works perfect. The light is not DOT! I got a sticker without a problem this time.

Cool! Thanks Goblin, care to share a pic or 2?

• jbird710

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I did the same thing as Goblin; pictures: http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=5587

My neighbor did the CeMoto with the BD taillight and I bought a CeMoto to change mine out as well. The only thing about the CeMoto is the plastic has a more dull finish than the stock plastic and is slightly off in color. The Maier fender has more of a shine like the stock plastic and the color isn't exactly the same; but close enough you have to look to tell the difference. I prefer the shape of the CeMoto as it looks more like the CR rear fender. I've heard of folks using the CRF rear fender but I imagine you would have to drill the mounting holes as well as the others to make it fit. Also, as Goblin said, the BD taillight isn't DOT approved. I got stopped for speeding last month but was just given a warning and the cop never said anything about the taillight nor blinkers.

Also a warning about doing business with XR's Only; some people have no problems but a lot do. It took 4 months, 6 emails, and 7 phone calls for me to get the items that were supposed to be "in stock". As I said, others have remarked they haven't had any problems but there are 15 page threads on here full of folks who did have problems.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:24 PM

Are they the only company in the US that sells CeMoto products?

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:36 PM

Are they the only company in the US that sells CeMoto products?

According to their website they are:

From Their Site:

XR’sOnly is pleased to offer OEM quality aftermarket plastic for your XR, made by “Cemoto” and imported from Italy exclusively for XR’s Only.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:42 PM

I did the same thing as Goblin; pictures: http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=5587

Looks great! Very clean looking!

Also, as Goblin said, the BD taillight isn't DOT approved. I got stopped for speeding last month but was just given a warning and the cop never said anything about the taillight nor blinkers.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up! in CA they give out "Fix It" tickets for stuff like that. Meaning, you have "X" amount of days to fix it and the ticket is erased.

For this, i will keep all the stock stuff and if i get messed with, i will put all the stock stuff on to delete the ticket (need to have an officer inspect it)

• jbird710

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:51 PM

According to their website they are:

From Their Site:

XR’sOnly is pleased to offer OEM quality aftermarket plastic for your XR, made by “Cemoto” and imported from Italy exclusively for XR’s Only.

That's the only place I've seen Cemoto plastics; but haven't looked on ebay. I know Cemoto used to make the plastic for Bultaco once upon a time.

• goblin127

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:45 PM

I forgot about the Bultaco cemoto thing. I'm one of the people who have had good luck with XRs only.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 18, 2006 - 10:04 PM

I'm one of the people who have had good luck with XRs only.

I have used them 3x with great results!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRPXL600R

Posted November 19, 2006 - 12:12 AM

I too have had great experience with XR's 3xs now!

• zacko

Posted November 19, 2006 - 04:51 AM

i used a maier mx rear fender for my xr6!Looks better than the stock fender!!But i had to take out the rear sub frame...Also used a rear acerbis plate holder with lights!!

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=435000

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:34 AM

i used a maier mx rear fender for my xr6!Looks better than the stock fender!!But i had to take out the rear sub frame...Also used a rear acerbis plate holder with lights!!

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=435000

Huh, i havent heard anyone else mentioning removing the subframe.

Anyone else care to chime in on this? Did you have to remove your subframe?

Also, thats one beautiful 600 ya got there! :cheers:

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:41 AM

How in the world do you remove the subframe without cutting it off and why would you need to just to install a fender?

• goblin127

Posted November 19, 2006 - 06:17 AM

The sub frame just unbolts. Going from a regular XR fender that bends down to one that comes straight back makes for the removal.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 19, 2006 - 06:20 AM

The sub frame just unbolts. Going from a regular XR fender that bends down to one that comes straight back makes for the removal.

Did you do this on your setup?

I was thinking of installing a small rack or possibly some Panniers in the future so i would like to keep the subframe it at all possible.

MUST it be removed to install this fender??

Thanks

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 19, 2006 - 06:21 AM

In all the years of owning XR600's and working for Summers Racing Components, I have never seen an XR600 subframe that unbolts. :cheers:

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 19, 2006 - 06:24 AM

In all the years of owning XR600's and working for Summers Racing Components, I have never seen an XR600 subframe that unbolts. :cheers:

I just stuck my head under my 650L and there is a rear subframe TYPE thing that comes off with only 2 bolts!

I dont know if i would call it a "SUBFRAME" as we usually think of a subframe of a bike, i think i would call it more of a "REAR FENDER SUPPORT" :p

For those of you that have removed yours, do you still have them laying around and care to part with it? I would like to possibly "Modify" one to work with the fender and rack and such and would like to retain my stock stuff! If you have one laying around, PM me!

This is going to turn into a nice little project!

Thanks

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 19, 2006 - 06:41 AM

I know the 650L does but I've never seen one on an XR600.

• rebelventurer

Posted November 19, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I am tickled to death with the service from xrs only, and from what I understand baja designs is now offering a DOT approved version of their led tail light.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.