RE: Help removing stock 06 speedo drive

4 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted November 18, 2006 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys, I removed my stock 06 wr450 speedo, it's a great unit but I want a tach, I bought an aftermarket Vapor and I want to sell the stock head unit. However most people want the drive unit to go with it, I thought I could just put a YZ spacer in the right hand front wheel to replace this drive, but i was told the wheels and everything is different up there. What options do I have?

Posted Image

• simon@vic

Posted November 19, 2006 - 12:37 AM

a yz spacer from another year {same style front forks as your year wr} would work. or just grab your "ruler" and have one made up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted November 19, 2006 - 11:37 AM

I was thinking on putting a spacer from an 05 YZ, are they the same as the 06 WR's? one problem though, i tried to find the speedo drive on yamaha with the 06 and it don't show it, only one for the 05 which i think is mechanical, Wanted to make sure i was just swappig out that part for the equivilent spacer from the yz but i cna't find it.

below is the 06 WR pic (with no speedo drive in sight)

http://parts.yamaha-...ifx?d=86380,2,0

• farkawi

Posted November 19, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Flatland racing makes an odometer eliminator spacer for our bikes.
http://flatlandracin...ter Eliminators

• MountainMax

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Awesome, just what i was looking for.... I hope it fits my 06 as in the description it says it replaces mechanical odometer drives, not the electric one like on my 06... I want to be sure before ordering it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.