really need help

5 replies to this topic
  • whiteYZ

Posted November 18, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Well I was at the buddscreek practice today and planned on racing tomorrow till someone jumped on top of me during a practice session. Demolishing the subframe, exhaust right footpeg broke in half and broke the rear master cylinder in half. Those are just the major things torn up. The bike is a 2007 YZ450f se, 2hours onit. Can anyone please tell me which bikes and years are interchangeable for these parts. Or if there are cheaper aftermarket ones. So far stock im looking at 159 for the peg, 323 for subframe, and 122 for master cylinder. This is from Yamaha. I found some stuff on ebay but dont know what year bikes are interchangeable. REALLY need some help on this. Thanx alot to all that help.

• grayracer513

Posted November 18, 2006 - 02:28 PM

For the most part, only the '06 stuff will interchange with the '07.

• mxengineer4

Posted November 18, 2006 - 02:41 PM

WhiteYZ: Sorry to hear about your problem. Sounds like you are OK even though your bike is not.

I ran the old Litespeed 57mm wide footpegs (steel version) on my 06 YZ450F and I think you can get a set for $99 (only a few onces heavier than the stock ti ones buy much tougher). Not sure about the other parts you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted November 18, 2006 - 07:04 PM

sorry to hear about the wreck.I would get the aftermarket pegs for the bike.They will be wider and a lot cheaper.As far as the other parts i would keep shopping for the best price on oem stuff.You would be surprised by how much the price differs on the stuff.Some of the cheapest oem stuff that i was told about was at www.generationmx.com
they don't have listing for the 2006 or 2007 models yet.

• felix4x4

Posted November 18, 2006 - 07:15 PM

AC or ARC dont remember wich one makes after market alum sub frames for much less than OEM.

• whiteYZ

Posted November 19, 2006 - 04:02 AM

I cant seem to find any aftermarket sub frames for a 2006 or 2007. Found a set of oem pegs on ebay for 70. I get 20% from the local yamaha dealer for running their stickers on the bike so that helps alittle. Thanx for the help guys.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.