Need Help with Bar mounts!

2 replies to this topic
  • MSHAM

Posted November 18, 2006 - 01:00 PM

I replaced my handle bars on my 2006 wr450 with Renthal twin wall handle bars. I used Pro Taper universal bar mounts to make them fit. I just purchased some Fastway FIT handguards. They mount to the bar clamps by replacing the top portion of the bar mount. However, they don't work with the Pro Taper universal mount because it uses offset bolt postions. Who makes a 1-1/8" bar mount that replaces the stock bar mount completely. I see you can buy a GYTR oversized mount for a 06&07 YZ450. It doesn't list the WR as having one. Are the top clamp on a YZ the same as the WR. I don't want to buy a new triple clamp. I may have to go with Cycra set up that attaches on the triple clamp.
:cheers: :bonk: :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcracer123

Posted November 18, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Just order the stock(YAMAHA) upper and lower bar mounts for the YZ. They will bolt right on to your stock top tripple clamp. That's how I went with oversized bars on my '06 WR450. Hope this is the info you were looking for.

5XC-23441-90-00 HOLDER, HANDLE UPPER
5XC-23442-90-00 HOLDER, HANDLE LOWER

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

• MSHAM

Posted November 18, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Just order the stock(YAMAHA) upper and lower bar mounts for the YZ. They will bolt right on to your stock top tripple clamp. That's how I went with oversized bars on my '06 WR450. Hope this is the info you were looking for.

5XC-23441-90-00 HOLDER, HANDLE UPPER
5XC-23442-90-00 HOLDER, HANDLE LOWER

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

That's what I wanted hear!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.