I swear the stump moved!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • WTFracer

Posted November 18, 2006 - 11:53 AM

I clipped my front caliper and broke the mount today. What a pain in the a$$. Anyone have a caliper mount that they want to part with....or an oversized?

Posted Image

• sime

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:49 PM

Damn stump sorry to hear about the damage, have you tried ebay theres always parts floating arround on there.

Good Luck!

• gord955

Posted November 18, 2006 - 05:57 PM

A good custom welding shop could fix that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426boy

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:49 PM

i did the same thing on my bike, but on a rock, jb weld held good enough to keep me riding, i took one off my buddies down bike, but now hes starting to fix his bike so i will need to give it up soon, the best i could find, was either e bay or a bike salvage yard or something, or u can get it from the yami dealer, but u have to get the whole caliper and its like $198.00 bucks.

• rexbond007

Posted November 19, 2006 - 09:09 AM

do you have the piece that broke off , it may be able to be welded????

• WTFracer

Posted November 19, 2006 - 10:01 AM

do you have the piece that broke off , it may be able to be welded????

No the piece is next to my pride.....which is next to the stump. :cheers: Those damn beavers are going to die! :bonk:

I think I might as well just order an oversized rotor kit...it seems like a good enough excuse. :p There are a couple complete 2005 calipers online, but there could be some alignment issue (per Gray, thanks). Then I'll wait for an '06 caliper to surface on ebay.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.