Clarke 4.3 IMS 4.6 with a Scotts damper 650RR

5 replies to this topic
  • SndyRds

Posted November 18, 2006 - 11:21 AM

Will either of these tanks and a damper be happy together?

• hypersthenos

Posted November 18, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I have the IMS 4.6. Don't have a damper but took some measurements for you. The tank sits 1/2" behind the oil dipstick knob at the base & tapers back rearward at about an 8 degree angle which gives about a 2 1/4" clearance between the front of the tank level across to the base of my Pro Taper bars between the clamps on my stock triple clamp with the wheel pointed straight. Hope that helps without being too confusing.

• Barro

Posted November 18, 2006 - 04:46 PM

I have the Clarke 4.3 with a Scott's triple clamp for 1-1/8" bar. all fits well. On the right and left steering stops the triple clamp touches the tank by so little (maybe 0.010" or less) it does not need be addressed.

I modded the setup to have the Scotts unit mount under the bar and for that the unit also has to mount in reverse. You also have room for that.
(it you do this one you need to cut the dipstick out of the oil fill plug, so you need to do the oil sight)

Eduardo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JKL

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:03 PM

With the Scotts submount and a BRP triple clamp there are no clearance issues with a Clarke 4.3 tank. The link arm of the stabilizer just clears my Electrex light.

Posted Image

• Cpres

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:11 PM

On my KLX 650R I have the same ? Scotts told me to measure from the center of steering stem to tank, if I remember right I need 40mm of clearence.

• SndyRds

Posted November 19, 2006 - 05:55 AM

I'll go ahead and get that new tank.

Thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.