anyone bought an aftermarket tank and had...

4 replies to this topic
  • dangerranger21

Posted November 18, 2006 - 12:21 AM

Has anyone bought an aftermarket tank and had the seat fit differently on the bike possibly showing gaps and what not? My seat does not fit all that well with my new 5gal. Clarke tank... I also thought that maybe its not the original seat to the bike as well... But has anyone encountered this problem before?

• hypersthenos

Posted November 18, 2006 - 12:38 AM

More often than not a different than stock tank causes some fitment issues with the seat. Usually more due to appearance than fucntion. If it is too bothersome you can reshape the seat a bit by unstapling the cover & re-stretching it to the contour of the new tank. A heat gun will greatly help when doing this. You can go as far as reshaping the seat pan with the heat gun to allow it to bend in the shape you want then replace the pad then re-staple the cover. Takes a bit of patience but can be done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJCXR600

Posted November 18, 2006 - 10:44 PM

I have a 95 xr600 with the same clark tank and have gaps between the seat and the tank. My stock tank was a better fit. You can see my bike in my garage. Since I'm new to this site I'm not sure how to post anything yet.

• RJCXR600

Posted November 18, 2006 - 11:45 PM

Here's a picture of mine
Posted Image

• goblin127

Posted November 19, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I've got a clark tank and a corbin seat on mine,you would'nt believe the gaps it's got.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.