WR 450 Headlight

3 replies to this topic
  • Westy89

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:36 PM

I have a 04 WR450 and my headlamp stoped working. I just thought my bulb is burned out, but when I took it out the filament look ok. So I wired up the bulb to a battery with test leads and the filament closest to the tip works, but the other filament doesn't work. In the bike, neither filament lights up. Anyone have a clue to this? No, I haven't tested the plug wires yet with the bike running, YET but will so in the morning. My neighbors don't like to hear the rumble at night ;-).

Follow up question to this. Why two filaments? Are they both suppose to work all the time?

Cheers

• MN_Paul

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:59 PM

My understanding is that both the headlight and tail light are dual filiment bulbs, but only 1 is connected. The one that doesn't work is most likely the one that is wired up.

Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Westy89

Posted November 17, 2006 - 09:24 PM

Ah, so most likely I just need to replace my bulb. The filamet does look intact though, but I will try that in the morning.

In case others are surfing this question. Is he right about only using half of the bulb's potential?

• Asgeir

Posted November 18, 2006 - 12:08 AM

Only low beam is used by default, the other is for high beam. Some guys have put on a switch to be able to use both.

On the back on is driving light and the other is brake light.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.