New piston kit!

4 replies to this topic
  • BRPXL600R

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:13 PM

I finally got my new 101mm 10.5:1 compression Ceramic Coated Piston kit from ...................thats a secret cause it would be advertising! I am so stoked and cant wait for the machine work to get done!!!! I am hope to reduce internal temps a bit with the Ceramic Coated Piston kit. But if you really must know PM me for further info!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• milltoad

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:50 AM

I hope you sleeve that cylinder if it still has the original 97mm sleeve My 2 cents

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • milltoad

Posted November 18, 2006 - 09:53 AM

Oops sorry guys I just checked and the sig says xl 600 no prob differnt piston size :cheers:

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 18, 2006 - 11:36 AM

I would'nt have to resleeve the OEM 100mm until after I go with bigger than 102.5mm kit.

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 26, 2006 - 12:01 AM

Well the cylinder went to the Honda shop today to get bored out to match my 101mm piston kit, and I am have new helicoils put into the bolt holes that were stripped out in the motor case and the cylinder. So I should be up and running in 2 weeks!!!!! I cant wait to fire this bad boy up! Any tips on break-in for ceramic coated piston???

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.