6th Gear....L

4 replies to this topic
  • jaredc28

Posted November 17, 2006 - 06:34 PM

I ride my 93' L to work and back everyday and I love it!!! The bike runs fine, but at around 70mph + it seems like the rpm's are very high. Is there anything I could do to make it seem smoother at higher speeds? A sixth gear would be perfect, but I know that is a stretch...

thanks

• Jaycycle

Posted November 17, 2006 - 06:48 PM

You could try messing with your gearing to start, go up in the back. :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted November 17, 2006 - 07:07 PM

You could try messing with your gearing to start, go up in the back. :cheers:

you mean down.

it really is tuf. i have a 650r on the street and i got it so it rides nice at 75-80 but it just isn't as much fun. really killed the acceleration it had.

• Boston Mangler

Posted November 17, 2006 - 07:42 PM

I ride my 93' L to work and back everyday and I love it!!! The bike runs fine, but at around 70mph + it seems like the rpm's are very high. Is there anything I could do to make it seem smoother at higher speeds? A sixth gear would be perfect, but I know that is a stretch...

thanks

whats your gearing? stock gearing works great on the freeway

on the trails there is a HUGE gap between 1st and 2nd but on the freeway stock gearing is great
:cheers:

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 17, 2006 - 09:02 PM

A sixth gear would be perfect, but I know that is a stretch...

I've been thinking that ever since I got my 600. I have 14/48 gearing and even at 60mph I'm not thrilled with it singing high notes on the road. I had a '94 250L that needed the 6th gear, but even with the 14/45 gear it was easier to ride because of the 6th cog.

I suppose there isn't much option unless someone offers a gearset with 1-4 as close ratio and a really tall 5th.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.