losing fuel mixture screw!

6 replies to this topic
  • xr650l bum

Posted November 17, 2006 - 02:48 PM

xr650l. I have lost one mixture screw already. I dont want to lose another. It seems that when the tab is cut off it now enables the screw to rotate freely and then completely out!!! I am trying teflon tape to make it tighter, even stretching out the spring to give it more force. What to do, and where to get another just in case?

• CTXr650L

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:00 PM

i noticed the mixture screw on mine rotating out also, i put a zip tie around the head of it so that the tab of the tie hits the carb body keeping it from coming all the way out.

• goblin127

Posted November 17, 2006 - 09:02 PM

When I still had my stock carb on I was only running 2 turns out and it was nice and snug. Try a dab of permatex on there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted November 18, 2006 - 02:33 PM

If its loose, make sure that the spring, metal washer, and o-ring are all in there, and in the right order.

• Jon-D

Posted November 18, 2006 - 06:13 PM

I had a similar problem with my KTM and the only solution is to replace the spring. Over time, the spring looses it's tension and eventually allows the screw to vibrate out. I tried stretching the original spring and it lasted a little longer, but eventually the screw fell out. After I replaced the spring, no more problems.

• luissuperdog

Posted November 20, 2006 - 09:44 AM

Yes new spring will do the job
I had similar problems and it help

• mperry70

Posted November 20, 2006 - 12:54 PM

Unfortunately you cannot order a fuel screw from Honda. The part does not even show on the fiche. Junkyard or new carb seem to be the only options.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.