Wr bottom end with a yz top-end

6 replies to this topic
  • red_rider_elsinore

Posted November 17, 2006 - 01:56 PM

Two weeks ago I had the woodruff key sheer off in my yz426f, and I am now looking into a new crank assembly. I ride desert and dunes. Would it be possible to install a WR bottom end and use the top-end of my yz426f? I was going to get a hold of a WR stator for lights, but I would really love to have the gear ratios of an WR since I don't ride mx tracks. Is there any year bottom-end I should look into. I don't want a repeat of the woodruff key incident.

-thanks
Oliver

• simon@vic

Posted November 17, 2006 - 03:44 PM

if you got a wr crank, flywheel, stator, and transmission it should work.

• red_rider_elsinore

Posted November 17, 2006 - 04:30 PM

I meant if I got a WR engine with a destroyed head, could I just use the parts from my yz426f?

-thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted November 17, 2006 - 06:04 PM

wr with a destroyed head wouldn't be worth buying. might have other problems!

blown head could be from, lack of oil, bad oil, 1000s of hours @ 10 000rpm, or other abuse. all of witch could have damaged the bottom too.

• red_rider_elsinore

Posted November 17, 2006 - 07:17 PM

if you got a wr crank, flywheel, stator, and transmission it should work.

So I can just get the gears for a wr and it will fit in the yz?

• SDBSKI

Posted November 25, 2006 - 11:54 PM

They should be the same except for the trans and stator. You need a 426 bottom end, the 400 has a different rod.

• hamshog

Posted November 26, 2006 - 12:16 AM

My son just bought a 02 426. Good bike or bad? What does he need to watch out for?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.