Is a Front wheel on an 05 Yz diff then my 06 WR?

3 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted November 17, 2006 - 01:42 PM

I wanted to remove my stock speedo drive and put in a spacer from a last year YZ and run an aftermarket Vapor speedo (with tach). Someone told me the front wheels are different and it wont' work, has anyone sized it up or tried this??

• SID013

Posted November 17, 2006 - 04:19 PM

I wanted to remove my stock speedo drive and put in a spacer from a last year YZ and run an aftermarket Vapor speedo (with tach). Someone told me the front wheels are different and it wont' work, has anyone sized it up or tried this??

Hi Mountain, I was looking at doing the same but just so I could have a set of road type tyres for on-road use then just swap over to my wheel with knobbies for the weekend. I checked out this website & they have all OEM part numbers so you can compare part numbers. It appears the rear wheels are the same right back to about '02 but the fronts change from '05 on. Check it out & compare the part numbers. http://www.bikebandit.com

Cheers

Pete

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueBlood Rider

Posted November 18, 2006 - 10:31 PM

WR front hubs are different from YZ hubs. Barnum Pro used to make a speedo drive eliminator for the WR, but he hasn't made them in over a year.:cheers: You can use a YZ wheel on the WR so long as you use all the YZ spacers.

• MountainMax

Posted November 19, 2006 - 11:43 AM

Well I guess I may have to leave it in there then, no biggie....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.