Jd Jetting..o-rings?

8 replies to this topic
  • Thermos O flask

Posted November 16, 2006 - 05:39 PM

HI Does anyone know what and where the two o-rings in the jd jetting kit go?
or is it for the 450 carb.I cant see where they would go on a '00 wr400.I still need to know as i will be fitting kits to mates wr426 and wr450's.
:cheers:

• TD-3

Posted November 17, 2006 - 03:53 AM

Here is a link to a picture on JD's website. Is this the oring you're talking about? I believe he recommends the softer ring for offroad/trail riding and the stiffer for MX.

http://www.pbase.com.../image/57130413

• Thermos O flask

Posted November 18, 2006 - 04:09 AM

thanks mate
but there's still no o-ring in the picture,where it goes or what it does?
maybe i'll ring ballards..

• WR_Dave

Posted November 18, 2006 - 07:26 AM

Recheck the picture, the o-ring is just below the cable wheel on the adjusting screw. WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted November 18, 2006 - 07:32 AM

I never got any o-rings in my JD box of jets:mad:

Does anybody have the size of these o-rings so I can try get some and try it out to eliminate the bog at fast throttle snaps

• Thermos O flask

Posted November 19, 2006 - 02:22 AM

:cheers: ok thanks, now i'm with the program...that looks like a 450 carby?
On my '00wr400 i have done the bk mod, do i still use the o-rings?
The instructions in the jd kit could be a little more helpfull.

• Wasabi

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:01 AM

A good mod is to lockwire the actuator if you don't have the o-rings.
Great for instant throttle response.

• boer

Posted November 26, 2006 - 02:04 AM

Apologies for bringing up this thread again, but does anyone have these o-ring sizes?:D

Inner diameter? Outer diameter? Thickness?:worthy:

• Fullbore4

Posted November 26, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Apologies for bringing up this thread again, but does anyone have these o-ring sizes?:D

Inner diameter? Outer diameter? Thickness?:worthy:

Small one: 1/4" ID., 3/8" OD. The big one is on my bike so I can't measure it (I would say from memory its about 1/2 " OD.).

With all mods combined, this O-ring helps make my wr450 have the snap of my old yz 250 two-stroke.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.