450 pipe on 426 revisted

3 replies to this topic
  • devo1

Posted November 16, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by yama426rider
so would a fmf factory 4.1 for a 450 fit my 426 and if so how loud are they?

You can fudge the FMF system into place on the 426, whether it's a full system, or a slip-on. The muffler isn't welded to the midpipe, and it mounts with a band clamp that can be positioned anywhere. The headers on the two bikes are the same, so as long as the 450 it came from is an '05 or older, the only point where you might have to do some filing is at the midpipe mount on the frame.

I'll guess that they run around 98-99db with good packing. Not great, but not nearly obnoxious, either.

Hey Gray
I'm needing a new silencer for the ol wr426. I'd like to install the Ti Powercore but they don't make it for 426's and it has a fixed mounting bracket. Should I take a chance see if it will fit or order the old style powercore IV.
Thanks
Devo

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2006 - 08:58 AM

I don't know for certain on that question. Maybe someone in the WR forum does.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GreenKLX

Posted November 16, 2006 - 11:43 AM

You could always remove the mount and use the clamp style mount to get it in the right position.

• devo1

Posted November 16, 2006 - 12:38 PM

You could always remove the mount and use the clamp style mount to get it in the right position.

That sounds like a good option. I like how the Ti PC doesn't stick out so far. If it won't work I'll install it on my YZ.:cheers:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.