2004 Triple clamp on an 06

I think they will fit, I just put a set of 06 clamps on an 05 YZ-450 and have also used a set of 04 clamps on an 05. If the offset is stock I think you will be OK.

Did you interchange top and bottom, not just the top clamp, on all three bikes though? If so did you have to change wheel spacers out?

The outer fork tube diameter is diffrent on the 03-04. They taper, the 05-06 outer diameter is the same. The clamps wont fit.

2003 is different than 2004. 2004 and 2005 are the same. 2006 Tapers and according to Pro Taper top clamp part numbers in the Rocky Mountain catalog are the same as 2000 through 2003 all full size YZs.

Will my 2004 RG3 Top clamp for my 250 fit on my 2006 450F?
No. The fork tubes are set 2mm farther apart. They made it possible to use the same wheel/axle/spacers by setting each axle lug inward 1mm to compensate for it.
I think they will fit, I just put a set of 06 clamps on an 05 YZ-450 and have also used a set of 04 clamps on an 05. If the offset is stock I think you will be OK.
If you did this, you should add a 1mm washer between the wheel spacer and fork on the brake side to move the wheel back to center.

I am thinking it will work. I put my stock '06 clamps on an '05 YZ 250 that I had, the only thing that gave it away was the axle was inside of the forks about 2mm from being flush. You are going the opposite way, so I am thinking the axle will stick out 2mm. Either way, I think it will work with just some messing with the axle spacing.

• 4 years later...

i too have a yz 250 05 im planning same thing yz 250 05 stock forks and axle on a yz 450 06 top to bottom + the stem triple clamp, did you use a 2mm spacer on the wheel axle? if so ,which side did you put the 2mm spacer on the wheel axle, is it ok 1mm spacer on each side of the axle to compliment the wheel alignment ? in your experience doing this mods. does it effect the offset nor the performance of the bike ? did you experience any damage on the fork seal ? does it fit right the yz450 06 triple clamp + the stem rod and the bottom bearing ? bec. im only using the 06 450 bottom stem bearing and the top bearing of the stem is a yz 250 05 will it work? thanks in advance for the advice.