Wr426 throttle stop

3 replies to this topic
  • finglan

Posted January 15, 2001 - 08:23 AM

I just got a new WR426 and read all the info on how to grind down the throttle stop on the WR400s to 8mm. Has any one done this to a 2001 WR? Is it exactly the same? I greased every bearing on the bike except the rear wheel bearings. I could not get them out. The bike had no greece in the steering stem at all!
Also whats the cheapest way to get some height out of the bars Iam 6'2" I saw advertised some where a raised set of pinch clamps for the bars but can't find it now.

• jakedog

Posted January 15, 2001 - 01:23 PM

Originally posted by finglan:
I just got a new WR426 and read all the info on how to grind down the throttle stop on the WR400s to 8mm. Has any one done this to a 2001 WR? Is it exactly the same? I greased every bearing on the bike except the rear wheel bearings. I could not get them out. The bike had no greece in the steering stem at all!
Also whats the cheapest way to get some height out of the bars Iam 6'2" I saw advertised some where a raised set of pinch clamps for the bars but can't find it now.

I also have a 01 426 and I took 10mm off the throttle stop and it works fine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RAZOR

Posted January 16, 2001 - 06:59 PM

I have an '01 WR426 and took off approx. 12.5mm. I started with 10mm, but it wasn't enough.

• bhunt

Posted January 16, 2001 - 07:38 PM

Can you just use a stop from a 01 YZ426?

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.