Pipe Packing

3 replies to this topic
  • JRAMBO

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:55 PM

:bonk: I repacked my White Bros.E-2 but it keeps blowing all the packing out this time in 3 rides it started getting loud again so I look it has like 1 little piece of packing left.Am I putting it on too loose or too tight :cheers: :p HELP.THANKS Jeff

• JSanfilippo

Posted November 15, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Dude get you some "race tools" silent sport packing and wrap that around the core of your E2 and then use nylon screen tape to keep it secure. The silent sport packing is long strings of material as opposed to bits of fiberglass packed together so it is less likely to break down and slip between the holes on the core.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JRAMBO

Posted November 15, 2006 - 07:45 PM

I will have to try that thanks man.The fiber keeps breaking down and getting in my spark arrestor clogging it up.

• kirkw

Posted November 17, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Not only does it last longer but it is quieter as well!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.