07 Yz 450

5 replies to this topic

Posted November 15, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Alright so I just broke down and sold my 250 for a 450 - fourstroke! I really havn't had a chance to really get to know the bike all that well just yet but I broke it down and I'm getting all the mods done now...

I'm getting some suspension work through PR2 and my pops bought me a Ti4-GP exhaust system. Any ideas on the jetting?

• whiteYZ

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:52 PM

I just did the exact same thing. This is my first four stroke (07 450) after racing 2 strokes forever and I love it. I just got my suspension back from pr2 today and will be racing it at budds creek this weekend. also put a 50t sprocket in the back, boyesen quickshot and gytr fuel screw. Cant wait to see how the suspension is.

• Fever26

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Leave the Jetting alone. It will be near spot on pending conditions.

Hold on!! The thing is awesome! Suepension/motor/chassis is great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted November 16, 2006 - 05:03 AM

and my pops bought me a Ti4-GP exhaust system. Any ideas on the jetting?

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=437006

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:31 AM

wow - thanks a million! that was exactly the info I needed - I hope I get to roost all of you soon - and of course I never mind when the favor is returned!

• SaddleBackAgain

Posted November 28, 2006 - 10:16 AM

RE: Jetting: I don't think you can really use the '06 specs. Different specs for the '07 motor. Stock jets are bigger in the pilot and smaller main compared to 2006.
My 2007 tends to stall easily in tight corners and is hard to start. I'm going to try going from 45 to 48 pilot first. I'll see about the main jet after (1 step at a time I remind myself!).
Or, I'll see what James Dean has. His kit worked wonders on my crf450.
BTW, I'm at sea level to 4,000 ft in SoCal.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.