2006 YZ450F HELP PLEASE O and a few pics of the new ride

7 replies to this topic
  • TMAC25

Posted November 14, 2006 - 07:40 PM

I have a 2006 YZ450F, finally parted with the 03 and got one off the showroom floor. The only problem with the bike is the jetting. From the first time I rode it, it would pop on decal, so I adjusted the fuel screw, seemed to fix it, but still seemed like the bike was running lean. Now I put a pro circuit T-4 on and fired her up and she was lightly smoking, black smoke and when I would hit the gas a cloud of black smoke would shoot out and a few sparks. So I rode it up and down the road doing wheelies, seemed to ride great, but when I put it back in the garage and turned it off, the tail pipe was smoking and it stunk, seemed like it was really hot. So im guessing it is the jetting that is off? Anyway I am not so good at jetting or messing with carbs, so im here for help, anyone re jet their 06 and if so have any pointers or settings that they could share with me or give me directions on what I need to do would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have no clue what the stock jetting is, the bike came with two extra jets, would those be good enough, or do I need to buy a jet kit? I just hate digging into the carb, always feel like I am going to F something up. Anyways, here are a few pics of the new ride.

Black warp 9 wheels, oversize spokes, chrome hubs, pro circuit t-4 exhaust, carbon fiber fork guards, aluminum case saver, aluminum rear brake shark fin, ASV levers, Renthal gold o ring chain, black Renthal sprocket. More to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• DPW

Posted November 14, 2006 - 07:54 PM

here's what I run when temps get cooler in TX, under 80
48 Pilot
170 Main
NFLR #4 Clip

Bike is stock with the exception of Dr.D pipe.

It's a fuel screw on a four stroke not air screw. Nice looking ride...

• KJ790

Posted November 14, 2006 - 09:10 PM

I run a 48 pilot jet. I have heard that a lot of people get away with a 45 with the stock pipe, but I would go 48 to be safe. I have a FMF pipe on mine and it runs great with the 48. I can imagine it would be similar with the pro circuit. The smoke could have been the edges of the packing burning off on the new pipe. Brand new pipes do that. Ride it a little and see if it stops.

• yami racer

Posted November 15, 2006 - 05:52 AM

45 pilot, 165 main, needle stock with temps above 60 degrees at sea level. It has been 40-50 lately so I am now running 48 pilot and 165 main, needle stock but I will up my main to 170 when it is below freezing. I would also look into a full skid plate or glide plate with your new ride to cover the front of the motor. Nice Bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamieRider411

Posted November 15, 2006 - 09:53 AM

Here's what Pro Circuit listed on their web site for their pipes...

MODELS:YZ450F
MAIN: 165
PILOT: 42
NEEDLE: NFPR
POS: 4

• DPW

Posted November 15, 2006 - 06:04 PM

Here's what Pro Circuit listed on their web site for their pipes...

Look again...below is what PC recommends

P/C 170 50 NFPR 5 2 1/2

• tmauto69

Posted November 16, 2006 - 04:28 AM

48 pilot, 170 main, stock needle pos w/ an akrapovick evo pipe in my '06

How are the warp9 wheels holding up? I was tempted to buy some
but I haven't heard much on the quality.

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2006 - 08:41 AM

As anyone with an '06 should certainly know, that's the stock jetting.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.