side engine covers

8 replies to this topic
  • flyin vee

Posted November 14, 2006 - 05:24 PM

hello all, I crashed my xrl yesterday destroying the left side clutch cover. No biggie, but to replace it will be about $135.00 in parts. In order to avoid this from happening again are there any protective engine covers out there. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 14, 2006 - 05:30 PM

I have some case protectors from SRC but I'm not sure if they still make them.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 15, 2006 - 08:49 AM

FV, was it dropped on the ground, or an obstacle?

I have a fair sized skid-plate and the stock guards still in place, and that's about as good as you can do without some customizing I think.

Hey, where in NY? I'm near Cortland.

Dave

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 15, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Here is the link to the SRC engine guards https://secure.srcin...805&StartRow=11

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted November 15, 2006 - 02:26 PM

Fall on the other side?

• flyin vee

Posted November 15, 2006 - 06:13 PM

Dave, I dropped it hard on the left side smashing it into the asphaltsending the shift lever into the clutch cover. Total bummer, I had the 650l for about a week trying to do the stupid crap I did as a kid 20 years ago on a MX bike. Anyway lesson learned. I live in Clayton, just north of Watertown.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 16, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Clayton! hey, in the northeast forum check out the tug hill threads.

Dave

• flyin vee

Posted November 16, 2006 - 04:59 PM

Dave,

I was checking those out last night. I am really new to this forum so I am still getting used to it. Great site for info. I just bought thatXR650l like one week before I wrecked it. I have some plans on turning it into a supermoto bike in the future but I think I am going to start off with modifying the powerplant first. Dave what kind of skid plate do you have????

• XR650L_Dave

Posted November 17, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Its the one from Utah sport cycle.
You can mount it with or without the stock tube guards.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.