Fork oil height....06-07 @340cc??

8 replies to this topic
  • 700MX

Posted November 14, 2006 - 03:08 PM

Does anyone know what the height is with a full 340cc, & 350cc. From the top of the leg of course, fully compressed no spring?

THANKS

• grayracer513

Posted November 14, 2006 - 03:29 PM

I'll assume that you're working on an '06 or newer. In that case, the outer chamber oil level is not listed by height, only by volume. I can see that it would be convenient to know how that translated into height, so you could gauge how much was there without dumping it out and measuring it, huh? Be sure to post that info if you're the first one to find out. :cheers:

• 700MX

Posted November 14, 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'll assume that you're working on an '06 or newer. In that case, the outer chamber oil level is not listed by height, only by volume. I can see that it would be convenient to know how that translated into height, so you could gauge how much was there without dumping it out and measuring it, huh? Be sure to post that info if you're the first one to find out. :cheers:

Exactly! I figured it would be nice info to have. I need to confirm mine

• tmauto69

Posted November 14, 2006 - 04:58 PM

I just did the seals this afternoon on my '06. I put 350cc in them, and when I looked down in the outer tube, I really couldn't see the oil level. Granted I didn't get the flashlight out and really inspect it, but I don't know if it is possible to get a measurement on it. Oh well i'm not going to take them back off now. But it seems as fast as this thing goes through seals, I will probably have an answer to that question in about 2 weeks :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 700MX

Posted November 14, 2006 - 06:34 PM

I just did the seals this afternoon on my '06. I put 350cc in them, and when I looked down in the outer tube, I really couldn't see the oil level. Granted I didn't get the flashlight out and really inspect it, but I don't know if it is possible to get a measurement on it. Oh well i'm not going to take them back off now. But it seems as fast as this thing goes through seals, I will probably have an answer to that question in about 2 weeks :cheers:

Thanks.......and I hear ya about the seals!

I am putting in FC seals soon, I hope they work better

• Matt96xr6

Posted November 14, 2006 - 09:24 PM

FC seals - they dont.

Try the MSR triple lip seals. I have installed a bunch of them lately and not heard back yet. Guess that is good!

• CR2CRF

Posted November 14, 2006 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone know what the height is with a full 340cc, & 350cc. From the top of the leg of course, fully compressed no spring?

THANKS

I don't think you can measure it that way. to put oil in the outer chamber you have to have th inner chamber in and that includes having the spring in too.

• 700MX

Posted November 15, 2006 - 06:16 AM

I don't think you can measure it that way. to put oil in the outer chamber you have to have th inner chamber in and that includes having the spring in too.

Yea...I see your point. I was thinking old school before I realised the spring is on the bottom!

• yam 3

Posted November 15, 2006 - 07:29 AM

If you are eating seals carefully inspect the tube for nicks. Even when new mine had a few nicks. I sand out with 400 grit paper and then go over the whole tube with maroon scotchbrite to give a nice crosshatch. Seems to work for me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.