05 WR450 speedometer?

5 replies to this topic
  • Ryah

Posted November 14, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Does anyone know of a replacement for the Odometer on an 05 wr450? I'd like to replace the Odometer with a Speedometer that has Odometer built in. Is there such a thing out there that will bolt using the original drive and cable?

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 14, 2006 - 05:34 PM

I am using a Mechanical speedo for a 2001 XT 350 yamaha. It hooks right up to the wr450 cable but I had to dream up my own mounting system. I 've had it on my 03 wr 450 since January of 2003 and it's got over 5000 miles on it and it still works great. It also has a light in it which I tapped into the headlight wire. Viola, I can see how fast I am going day or night.. The speedometer cost me $116.00 back in 2003, should be about the same now.
Jim

• MountainMax

Posted November 17, 2006 - 02:30 PM

I have an 06 digital unit for sale, here in the classified sections, they look sweet.

http://www.thumperta...uct=18869&cat=7

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 17, 2006 - 03:09 PM

I forgot to mention that it DOES have the trip meter also.
Jim

• Lit_Dueler

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:32 AM

Does anyone know of a replacement for the Odometer on an 05 wr450? I'd like to replace the Odometer with a Speedometer that has Odometer built in. Is there such a thing out there that will bolt using the original drive and cable?

Good Morning
I too have a 05 Wr 450. What I ended up doing was ordering an ENDURANCE Computer Kit from Thumpertalk store. It works sweet. Remember though you will have to drill into your Caliper to connect the pick-up. Go to thier website and it will give you 3 great pictures on what you have to do to get it connected. The instructions that came with it SUCK!!! It was only like 72 bucks as well. It has 2 different MAintenance logs as well as trip nad daily tripmeters. Buy it, You'll like it:ride: :cheers:

Lit_dueler

• Wasabi

Posted November 19, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Yep, our Aussie bikes come with exactly what you are after! Problem is thet the quality of them is questionable (don't last long).

I replaced mine with a Trailtech unit. :cheers:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.