1991 suzuki dr 250

2 replies to this topic
  • jmann327

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

Have a chance to buy a 91 dr250. What should I look for? What is the after market like? Has very low miles and they are asking $1700.00. Is this a good price? Thank you all in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bikepilot1

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:23 AM

Nothing specific to check, just the usual stuff. They are really soild bikes, super reliable. Price is about right, not a steal but not a bad price either, esp if its in great shape.

Its the same bike as a DR350S externally, only shrunk engine internals differ (shorter stroke crank, smaller bore sleave and head and CB shaft to accomodate) so most all DR350S aftermarket stuff fits.

• twyler

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:30 AM

I agree that it's a great bike, but I would disagree with the price. Just my opinion but I think you could find a later model 350 for 1700. 91 250 around here would go for around 1200. HOWEVER, this all depends on where you are and what the market is like right now. If it is really clean and nice, talk em down as much as you can and buy it. Don't fret over a few hundred if it is something you really want.
If you do buy the bike, you'll want to get it all uncorked. It will never thump down low like a big-bore bike. But with the airbox mod and re-jetting it really runs great when you wind it up. Call Jesse Kientz at (541) 472-0835. He can hook you up with everything you need. http://www.kientech.com

Good luck.

twyler
94DR250se

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.