Timing Plug and Straight Plug

3 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 13, 2006 - 04:19 PM

This questions is in regards to an 06 WR450

on the left side of the bike on the caser there are two plugs which are called the timing plug and straight plug according to the manual. my question is, are these plugs import on the out side or do they just cover something up that is on the inside? i see that yamaha sells a two different blue ones on their websites and i think they are for the two plugs. i scrapped the top one really bad on my bike during a race. the case is fine but the plug is scrapped bald. do i need to replace this right away or can it be something i can replace later down the road.
thanks
Aaron

• JSanfilippo

Posted November 13, 2006 - 11:20 PM

This questions is in regards to an 06 WR450

on the left side of the bike on the caser there are two plugs which are called the timing plug and straight plug according to the manual. my question is, are these plugs import on the out side or do they just cover something up that is on the inside? i see that yamaha sells a two different blue ones on their websites and i think they are for the two plugs. i scrapped the top one really bad on my bike during a race. the case is fine but the plug is scrapped bald. do i need to replace this right away or can it be something i can replace later down the road.
thanks
Aaron

The small one on the top is the the timing marks cover and the bigger one on the bottom covers the nut to turn the crank. As long as the o ring is still in the plug, it seals, and it is not cracked it should be good to go until you replace them with the billet ones.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted November 15, 2006 - 08:12 AM

Other than the yamaha billet ones, who else makes nice ones?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 15, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Other than the yamaha billet ones, who else makes nice ones?

i found a few on the tt talk store but they are so much money i am gonna hold off on these

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.