Why call it a stage1?

4 replies to this topic
  • TDC71

Posted November 13, 2006 - 01:25 PM

Yeah I'm the smuck who thought he found a stage 2 cam.My Quetion is why do they call it a stage 1 if there is no subsequent stage? It's like saying "you're ont he first floor of my house to a friend and when he asks about the second floor you're like there is no second floor.Doesn't make sense to me or Maybe my girlfriend is right and I'm having a "Blonde moment":crazy:

Todd

• HawkGT

Posted November 13, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Yeah I'm the smuck who thought he found a stage 2 cam.My Quetion is why do they call it a stage 1 if there is no subsequent stage? It's like saying "you're ont he first floor of my house to a friend and when he asks about the second floor you're like there is no second floor.Doesn't make sense to me or Maybe my girlfriend is right and I'm having a "Blonde moment":crazy:

Todd

That's just the nomenclature commonly used for aftermarket camshafts. Don't know if that's a good answer...but it's all I've got!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rideaide

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:10 PM

The XR600/650L is about the only HOT CAM that doesn't have a stage 2 out of there line of camshafts. All other bikes have stage 1-2 and 3 listed for some bikes. They may have a stage 2 if there are more request or a need.

• eastreich

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:13 PM

Since the same cam fits the 600R, perhaps they at one time had a Stage 2?

My guess is that all cams that are a little bump in power (a little more mid, top) over stock are Stage 1, the next level in lift and duration is the Stage 2, etc...

Since they only offer the one cam for the 650L, and it is only the next level over the stock cam, it is thus a Stage 1.

• TDC71

Posted November 15, 2006 - 04:26 PM

Makes sense.:cheers: Thanks for the replies Good riding:ride:

Todd

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.