450 body conversion on 426

4 replies to this topic
  • yama426rider

Posted November 12, 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hey im thinking about doing the body conversion while ive got my bike torn down for the rebuild and ive read all the posts on here about the conversion but id like to ask, :cheers: do you guys know the rubber strap on the 426 frame that holds the rear of the tank down? Well i was wondering if that strap still works with the 450 tank on the bike. the reason i was wondering is that the mount bolts under the tank on my bike arent there it has the bolts the hold the shround to the radiator on each side and that strap and of course the seat that hold the tank on. well anyways if the 450 tank still utilizes this strap i can use the same for the conversion and not have to make special mounts right? could you guys help me out? thanx alot

• racer569

Posted November 14, 2006 - 10:55 AM

sorry, does not work. put a 3.3gal tank on my 450, wanted to put the oem 450 tank on my 426, :cheers: no go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted November 14, 2006 - 12:42 PM

Here is a post that you will need to read.

• yama426rider

Posted November 14, 2006 - 07:48 PM

I already read all of that every page but it doesnt say anything about the strap on the tank thats all i need to know can you still use it on the 450 tank after all the other mods:ride:

• yama426rider

Posted November 14, 2006 - 08:01 PM

n/m guys i got my answer thanx

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.