Rear Spring Replacement on a 2006

7 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted November 11, 2006 - 07:30 PM

My weight is 210 pounds and I need to upgrade the rear factory spring. Does anyone have any advice on what and how to replace this? My service manule was left in my cabin and I would like to replace this ASAP.

Thanks!

• Crash 2006

Posted November 11, 2006 - 08:08 PM

Anyone?

• DPW

Posted November 11, 2006 - 08:13 PM

this should help...http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• jamiehughes

Posted November 11, 2006 - 09:49 PM

if you go to the racetech web site that have a program that lets you put in your weight and riding style,then it tells you what spring rate you should be using. they also have a quality product. i have put there stuff in my last 4 bikes all going back to 97... good stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 12, 2006 - 07:41 AM

My weight is 210 pounds and I need to upgrade the rear factory spring. Does anyone have any advice on what and how to replace this? My service manule was left in my cabin and I would like to replace this ASAP.

Thanks!

here is the what:
you will need 5.6 rear and .48 front springs. Yamahas replacement spring Ti - is part # 1C3-22212-60-00 it will cost you around 340 bills or you can buy a steel spring for 99 clams. Front springs 99 clam also. Factory Connection, Racetech can sell you these.

The how:
I suggest you get yourself a revalve as I did and have a suspension tuner do it for you. It made my 06 much better in the bumpy stuff/braking bumps and - added some progressiveness and got rid of the diving that mine felt like in fast corners...for my old @$$.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 12, 2006 - 01:44 PM

Interesting find on racetech. I entered 220 lbs in and motocross for the front springs and it said I need .482 with the oem's sitting at .48

That just cant be right.

• Ranger18

Posted November 12, 2006 - 01:56 PM

For the front you will need the service book, but the rear is simple. Take the shock off the bike, loosen the spring, remove the clip that holds the retainer in and slid the retainer and spring off.
If I'm not mistaken the 06 yzf450 is sprung for a 195-200 lbs rider. It might just be easier to lose 10-15 lbs.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted November 12, 2006 - 02:01 PM

For the front you will need the service book, but the rear is simple. Take the shock off the bike, loosen the spring, remove the clip that holds the retainer in and slid the retainer and spring off.
If I'm not mistaken the 06 yzf450 is sprung for a 195-200 lbs rider. It might just be easier to lose 10-15 lbs.

And become a frail 190 pound weakling? I dont think so.
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.