"Free mods"

3 replies to this topic
  • mrjones

Posted November 11, 2006 - 01:18 PM

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I've come across the term "free mods" many times. Not sure what that means. Could someone give me some examples of "free mods" for the 400/426/450?

• MountainMax

Posted November 11, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Look at the third sticky above, Free, or free type mods are mods you can do easily to give you free horsepower, like my o6, cut the throttle stop (so i now have full throttle use) and cut two holes in the air bix, remove the stock AIS system (smog kit) and then you jet as per the sticky above to make it all work, and you get lots of HP with very little cost, more mods could be like removing one baffle from stock muffler, and removing tailpipe inserts......Cutting the grey wire to change the ignition curve, also for more Hp as the bike now has full throttle like it shoudl have. most of the above ones i listed are for 06 but there are some for all year bikes.
Hope this helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted November 11, 2006 - 10:44 PM

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I've come across the term "free mods" many times. Not sure what that means. Could someone give me some examples of "free mods" for the 400/426/450?

The term "Free Mods" is the perfect search topic for this particular forum. Not only will it provide you hours of fun and informative reading, but it will also acquaint you with the wonderful TT search engine...a tool of incalculable value, and the gateway to the nirvana that is the TT archives :cheers:...SC

• MountainMax

Posted November 12, 2006 - 06:45 AM

And if the search engine don't work ( as it often gets bogged down ) just wait a little while and serach again.... you can also use the advance search function to just search topics if you like to narrow them down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.