Best XRL service manual???

6 replies to this topic
  • squatpuke

Posted November 11, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Are there only two? Honda's (isn't that Helm?) and Clymer ?

Which is the best for a noob?

'07 XRL

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 11, 2006 - 10:28 AM

The OEM Honda manuals for sure.

• creeky

Posted November 11, 2006 - 10:33 AM

I prefer the Honda manual, however the Clymer manuals frequently have tips and explanations that are helpful, especially to a noob, so I have both manuals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iride

Posted December 20, 2006 - 04:29 PM

the clymer manual completely sucks. you have to dig thru many years of different models, and then you'll be lucky if you find what you need. a big waste of money.

• michhub

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:29 PM

+1 on the factory manual, it covers details & procedures the clymer and others don't describe in enough detail...

• rebelventurer

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:59 PM

definately the honda manual. I got mine on disk from ebay for $15. Its great I just print the pages I need and dont have to worry about greasy fingerprints, or damaging a paper manual. Helm is a company that purchases marketing rights to the oem manuals, there great if you need automotive info that comes straight from manufacturer, but very pricey.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:42 PM

clymer sucks....isnt even worthy of starting a fire.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.