90 xr600r exhaust advise

8 replies to this topic
  • factorymx

Posted November 10, 2006 - 10:49 PM

After market exhaust advise for a 90 xr600r ,looking to replace the stock can .Bike is all stock . thanks

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted November 11, 2006 - 06:36 AM

What price range? What are you going to be doing with the bike?

• factorymx

Posted November 11, 2006 - 03:48 PM

just a slip on its mostly for trails and mx price range of $250-500

• Terez

Posted November 12, 2006 - 01:42 PM

Just make sure you are certain of what you are buying.
The 88 to 90 XR600R uses twin head pipes all the way back to the muffler.
This is specific to these models whereas 91 and up XR600R's have twin headpipes that end at the midpipe.

These earlier XR600R's need a slip on specific for them.

If you buy a complete system from the motor back then they are all the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • factorymx

Posted November 12, 2006 - 03:13 PM

k wuts the best place to buy one?

• Fetona

Posted November 12, 2006 - 05:53 PM

k wuts the best place to buy one?

I used to have a 1989 XR600. I found a brand new EAR SuperTrapp on Ebay for $150.00. It looked really nice and was quiet, but the XR ran much stronger with the stock pipe with the baffle removed.

• chpxr

Posted November 12, 2006 - 08:01 PM

i'm running the xr onlys muffler and i love it i felt the power gain right away and they will get you the right jets for the carb when you do the change

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 12, 2006 - 08:14 PM

I used to have a 1989 XR600. I found a brand new EAR SuperTrapp on Ebay for $150.00. It looked really nice and was quiet, but the XR ran much stronger with the stock pipe with the baffle removed.

EBay is a no no around here!:cheers: Watch it you might offend someone for this is advertising!

• factorymx

Posted November 13, 2006 - 11:32 AM

i'm running the xr onlys muffler and i love it i felt the power gain right away and they will get you the right jets for the carb when you do the change

I had a look at this muffler & like it.I'm running my stock one with no baffle.I'm hoping this unit will provide even more power.Any idea on the weight difference,gotta be an lb.or two i would imagine.Anyone out there running this muffler with a K&N filter? How do you find the K&N to stand up to the wet & mud should it happen to get the odd splash into the air box in comparison to the stock filter. thanks again ,you folks are awesome.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.