Does Alpinestar resole for free?

16 replies to this topic
  • BlackBuzzard

Posted November 10, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Found this tidbit on the web and wondered if its true.

"Tip: If you wear out the soles of your Alpinestars motocross boots, Alpinestars will resole your boots for free! Yes indeed, just call 1 800 727 8277 (Alpinestars) and talk to Giovanna. She will tell you what to do to get your Alpinestars re-soled and sent back to you within 1-2 weeks!"

http://www.moto-guide.com/motocross-boots.htm

BB

• RedRider_450

Posted November 10, 2006 - 02:06 PM

TINSTAAFL!!! But would be really nice if true.

• Thumpdaddy650

Posted November 10, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I sent my Tech 8s and Tech 6s in about 2 years ago and paid $75 each for resoles.

• yahtzee1004

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:51 AM

There is a fee. NOT "FREE". It will cost approx. $85.

• oldnbold

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:59 AM

the alpinestars soft sole is the reason I switched to Gaerne. Until they fix that, I won't go back

• zRedbullz

Posted June 20, 2007 - 06:30 AM

Nothing in life is for free

• Sicko

Posted June 20, 2007 - 01:04 PM

here is what you need to get your boots resoled by Alpinestar and no it is not free

Hello Marc,
Thank you for your email.
You have two options to resole your boots.
The first option is to order the soles ($34.95) and toe guards($7.95) through your dealer. Then find a local cobbler to resole them for you. They need to have the right glue so the soles won't delaminate, equipment and knowledge to resole them.
Option two is we offer a resoling service here. The cost of a resole is $70- $80 dollars (per pair) depending on the damage done to the sole. The price includes all parts and labor with ground shipping at no charge. Turn around time takes 4-5 business days once we receive them plus shipping time.
If you wish to send them in please call the Alpinestars USA office at the number below, ask for product
support and we will issue you a return authorization number to send them in.

Kind regards,

Brett Neal
Product Support

Alpinestars Inc.
Torrance (CA) USA
ph. (+1) 310 891 0222
ph. (+1) 800 727 8277
fax. (+1) 310 891 0299
email: p.support.us1@alpinestars.com
www.alpinestars.com

• never59

Posted June 20, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Or you can buy sidi crossfires and have a cordless drill and resole them in 5 minutes for around $20:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • awesomodrumboy

Posted June 20, 2007 - 01:32 PM

Or you can buy sidi crossfires and have a cordless drill and resole them in 5 minutes for around $20:thumbsup:

haha what???:thumbsup:

• bloodsugarmx

Posted June 20, 2007 - 03:33 PM

here is what you need to get your boots resoled by Alpinestar and no it is not free

Hello Marc,
Thank you for your email.
You have two options to resole your boots.
The first option is to order the soles ($34.95) and toe guards($7.95) through your dealer. Then find a local cobbler to resole them for you. They need to have the right glue so the soles won't delaminate, equipment and knowledge to resole them.
Option two is we offer a resoling service here. The cost of a resole is $70- $80 dollars (per pair) depending on the damage done to the sole. The price includes all parts and labor with ground shipping at no charge. Turn around time takes 4-5 business days once we receive them plus shipping time.
If you wish to send them in please call the Alpinestars USA office at the number below, ask for product
support and we will issue you a return authorization number to send them in.

Kind regards,

Brett Neal
Product Support

Alpinestars Inc.
Torrance (CA) USA
ph. (+1) 310 891 0222
ph. (+1) 800 727 8277
fax. (+1) 310 891 0299
email: p.support.us1@alpinestars.com
www.alpinestars.com

Excuse my language but Brett Neal is the biggest cock$ucker I have ever dealt with. My tech 8 sole ripped all the way through the leather insole on a soft trail ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:(On the very first ride with the boots) I dealt with that prick for weeks and they wouldnt do jack shit, finally after enough complaining bobs cycle refunded my money. Bottom line is I wouldnt resole those alpinestars. I would throw them in the garbage and get a quality boot like gaerne,sidi, or oxtar. You couldnt pay me to wear alpinestar.

• wolfie12

Posted June 20, 2007 - 05:47 PM

I'd have to agree with some of these Alpinestar comments. I'm an old man, worn out alot of boots, and Alpinestars had up until now, gotten the reputation as the best dirtbike boots available. I think the Tech 10's have to be the most overrated pos boots on the market. Buckle sucks, support sucks, water intrusion protection sucks, and the sole durability and replacement cost sucks. All for a cool 480 bucks retail. Are you kidding me? GARBAGE.:thumbsup:

• El Marko

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:04 PM

I had them resole my Vectors last year for about $90 after one sole disappeared in a race. The soles are coming back off again, so this time I'll either do it myself or have a shoemaker do it.

I love the Vectors but also have a pair of Fox Pro Forma as a spare. Good thing too. I don't think I'll be getting anymore AStars.

• ____Kurt____

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:26 PM

really? alpinestars t-10's? are like garbage? damn that sucks. i was going to get a set also when my forma pros wore out but there like new so i was thinking by the end of the summer

• bloodsugarmx

Posted June 20, 2007 - 07:40 PM

really? alpinestars t-10's? are like garbage? damn that sucks. i was going to get a set also when my forma pros wore out but there like new so i was thinking by the end of the summer

Looks are deceiving man, Kinda like with women:lol:

• never59

Posted June 21, 2007 - 09:14 AM

THe sidi crossfires have replaceble soles for $20 and they are attached with phillips head screws. 5 minutes and my boots are resoled!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Between the soles and the hinged ankle protection i will never be caught dead with a pair of alpine starts. My tech 8's were clapped out in less than a year:thumbsdn: :cheers:

haha what???:busted:

• oruro

Posted June 22, 2007 - 12:34 AM

I pulled my 20 year old Alpinestars from a box the other day. (hadnt used them for 18years) and the soles fell off them both after a couple of rides. Glued them back on myself, still sticking. Fine boots in my opinion...

• Zendog

Posted November 12, 2007 - 06:28 PM

alpinestars are not the best but they are better then fox bots

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 Beta Model Ride Impressions Enduro360.com by Johnny Depp

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

What Have You Done To Your KTM Today? by Rider 41

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   KTM 2-Stroke
  • Hot  3,591 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 Beta 350 RR EFI Dirtbiketest.com by Johnny Depp

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 Baja 1000 Rumors by NewMexican

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Baja
  • Hot  92 replies
Forums
Photo

IMS oversized fuel tank fitment tips by Oldmossyspokes

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M   CRF250 L/M FAQ
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.