650 R License plate/tailight Bracket?

7 replies to this topic
  • swm007

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hello everyone!

I am trying to street legal my new 07 R..and wanted a tag/tailight bracket that mounts under the rear fender..I thought about led..Has anyone tried the Acerbis, UFO or any others..I want one that fits the fender good and the tailight is not to big..I saw one on the Honda website(UK) Their 650 R comes with one,and a bigger headlight plus a lot of other better stuff!..But that part from honda would cost an arm and leg!..Any Thoughts?

• DualSport650

Posted November 09, 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hello everyone!

I am trying to street legal my new 07 R..and wanted a tag/tailight bracket that mounts under the rear fender..I thought about led..Has anyone tried the Acerbis, UFO or any others..I want one that fits the fender good and the tailight is not to big..I saw one on the Honda website(UK) Their 650 R comes with one,and a bigger headlight plus a lot of other better stuff!..But that part from honda would cost an arm and leg!..Any Thoughts?

Hey dude,

I've tried many, but now went LED.

Check out the DRC Edge-2 LED tail light:
http://www.wheelingc...&cat_id=72#1926

This thing looks sharp and puts out a good quantity of light...

Posted Image

More info here...
http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=126781
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=364330

I got this sub-frame to hold everything up and it's rock solid...

Posted Image

http://www.moto-spor...bagz/extras.htm

Ride on...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• whodis

Posted November 10, 2006 - 06:50 AM

thats a nice set up, I have been thinking R or L and the more I read and see stuff like this I think I'll start looking more towards and R.

• calxi

Posted November 10, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I went acerbis for more of a DOT appearance with the LED kit. Protects the plate during layovers and flops. Also took BD's tail light and cut it a little for more "head on" or "rear on" light for traffic. ps. drawbacks though, Acrebis is a little tough to throw a leg over and looks rediculous. So, my next step is to go with my spare Dakar kit tailight and place LEDs in that, placing the plate back under the fender but I will mount the plate vertically.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jwriott

Posted November 10, 2006 - 10:28 AM

I'm interested in hearing more about that frame loop.

Do you run saddle bags with that?

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 10, 2006 - 05:20 PM

I went with BajaDesigns LED taillight and CRF450R rear fender.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• DualSport650

Posted November 10, 2006 - 08:48 PM

:cheers:

I'm interested in hearing more about that frame loop.

Do you run saddle bags with that?

Yes, that's exactly what it's for.

Dirt Bagz make bags and panniers and make the sub-frame to stiffen up the rear fender of the XR650R. Mine is rock solid strong. :p

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 10, 2006 - 10:36 PM

Yup that sub frame idea is a great idea for carring packs and bags! I'll have to fab one up for mine as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.