XR650R with JE 11:1 and HC stg 2

3 replies to this topic
  • HawkGT

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Is anyone running a JE 11:1 with a Hotcams stage 2 camshaft? I'm considering this settup but I'm concerned about how much dynamic compression that would likely yield. I'd be seriously miffed if I went through with it only to find that the 91 pump found around my area proved insufficient.

thanks

• YoungGun650R

Posted November 10, 2006 - 08:31 AM

I am running the wiseco 11:1 with the stage two hotcam and it makes a bunch of compression. I have ran 89 octane through mine on several occassions but 91 does work better. Only bad thing with this setup is its kinda hard to start not having the auto decop on the stage 2 cam but once started its gonna run like a striped -assed monkey :cheers:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted November 10, 2006 - 12:54 PM

The HRC kit piston runs at 11:1 compression, and although the cam is milder than than the stage 2 hot cam, Honda recomends no lower than 96 octane fuel for the full HRC kit motor. I'm at usually at altitude (6000+) so I can usually get away with pump 91, but she's happiest with 91 pump, 113 leaded blended to approximately 100 octane. When I'm on straight pump fuel, I can hear her knockin' if I really lug the motor down, and the motor does seem to run hotter. When I'm running race fuel, it seems that my BRP also has a much lower tendency to boil over, compared to my riding partner's BRP.

• hill5150

Posted November 10, 2006 - 06:12 PM

I am running the wiseco 11:1 with the stage two hotcam and it makes a bunch of compression. I have ran 89 octane through mine on several occassions but 91 does work better. Only bad thing with this setup is its kinda hard to start not having the auto decop on the stage 2 cam but once started its gonna run like a striped -assed monkey :cheers:

Yes it does, I just rebuilt mine w/ the stage II,680 motor,I have the edelbrock on it, new stainless valves ,starts 2nd kick stone cold -sea level every time. Powerband is insane low through mid through top and the low is still able to pull Oprah from the buffet line:busted:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.