Coeshow big bore kits?

5 replies to this topic
  • yendor1958

Posted November 09, 2006 - 01:57 PM

I'm interested in a bigbore kit for my 150 and was wondering if he's still around. He has not responed to emails sent through his website.

Does anyone have any experience using EO, Powroll or BBR big bore kits with regards to reliability & power gains over a stock engine. Thanks in advance.

• 4strokeridertt

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Engines Only is the way to go, we have 4 xr120 motors, 1 xr280 motor and an 2006 CRF150F with a 225 motor. All have been very reliable and we have never had a piston failure. The 225 motor has 15 hare scramble races and almost a full years worth of practice and it still runs like new.

• Mikeee P

Posted November 10, 2006 - 04:31 PM

Engines Only is the way to go, we have 4 xr120 motors, 1 xr280 motor and an 2006 CRF150F with a 225 motor. All have been very reliable and we have never had a piston failure. The 225 motor has 15 hare scramble races and almost a full years worth of practice and it still runs like new.

I also wouldn't discount Mike Coe's engines. His "BIG" big bore kit with full motor mods is 29hp at the rear wheel. Nobody in the USA (world?) is even close to those numbers to my knowledge.

His CRF150 kit with just a BBR exhaust is just about dead even with the EO's full on engine kit and theirs has a Stage 3 Cam, Rev Box, 28mm flat slide intake kit, and Outlaw exhaust. EO claims 18.81 while Mike's bike with just a pipe is 18.01 rear wheel hp.

I'd think that with a camshaft, and a 28mm carb, that Coe's bigger 188cc big bore kit would be making quite a bit more power than EO's - but that is just speculation.

All the companies appear to be good - I haven't heard of any catastrophic failures from anyone.

Mikeee P

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikeee P

Posted November 11, 2006 - 09:37 AM

>>>4strokeridertt

Sorry about that - that wasn't a reply to your comments, EO makes great stuff. I meant to QUOTE the original persons and must have just gotten in a hurry as I was walking out the door when I replied... hope you didn't take that as an insult, it wasn't intended to discount anything you said. EO does do great work - I'm just impressed with Mike's work too.

MP

• awesomodrumboy

Posted November 11, 2006 - 10:17 AM

dammit..y isnt coeshow responding to anything??..where is he!

• jimmytalk

Posted November 11, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hopefully Coeshow will see this thread and respond directly because his kits are a great way to go. Is there a phone number on his website? If so, I'd give him a call.

A few months ago I looked at all of the options for my '03 CRF150F and decided on his 188cc kit with the 89a cam he sells. There are a lot of high quality options out there but I wanted to go with Mike's stuff because he's freely shared so much information here on Thumpertalk. I wasn't disappointed in dealing with him, either. He spent a lot of time answering my questions.

Anyway, the 188 is a truly fun, much-enhanced, reliable trailbike engine now. The big bore really helped climbing and lugging through the tricky stuff and the cam really opens up the top end, even with the stock pipe and carb. Highly recommended.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Race Tech Emulator Set Up Database by werra

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  250 replies
Forums
Photo

DOT Street Tires for a 2005 Honda CRF230F by daateamhonda

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

What bike to get... by Tandog99

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF150 R/Expert
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

New gal here! So glad this part of TT exists! by mayorblurps

General   General Forums   Thumpette Forum
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new bike - catastrophic engine failure by nomybrother

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  40 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.