Yamaha is Misleading You in Advertisements for the 07 WR's

49 replies to this topic
  • Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:51 AM

It's official. Yamaha's website has been advertising for months now, preorders in for new 07 WR's and describing them as having "air/oil separate" front forks or Twin Chambers. Wording in their advertisements was identical to the YZ's.
They changed the website yesterday to read "cartridge" front forks.
This came after I questioned them about it, as it was a MAJOR selling point of the bike to me after coming off of the lousy cartridge stuff on KTM's I've had for years.
They are trying to sweep this under a rug by altering the description/specs after the fact and people have committed to buying these bikes.
I for one will may pursue this legally, as I have committed quite a bit of money towards setting up this bike after the purchase in order to race it in off road events.
If this is the way Yamaha intends to do business-through misleading advertisements. I will be cancelling my bike order and probably going to Honda.

:cheers:

• Murray Dorward

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:12 AM

You say that your will move to Honda, do they have twin chamber forks ?
or are you just pi#@ed off ? With regards to taking on Yamaha legally, good luck, you abviously have lots of money seeing as you owned a KTM.
Hope the Honda will give you lots of good riding, maybe they need someone like you to pick fault with their adverts too.

Muz

• MountainMax

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:18 AM

Im sure it was an honest mistake, I see typo's all the time for this kind of things. Sorry how it affects you though, that really sux...... Hope you don't go to Honda over this..........

• GCannon

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:04 AM

Don't get them too mad, be smart pursue it to the point where you can settle for a set of YZ forks traded straight across for your WR forks and then run like a theif. You will be the winner in the end.

• TheCure

Posted November 09, 2006 - 11:02 AM

It's official. Yamaha's website has been advertising for months now, preorders in for new 07 WR's and describing them as having "air/oil separate" front forks or Twin Chambers. Wording in their advertisements was identical to the YZ's.
They changed the website yesterday after to read "cartridge" front forks. This came after I questioned them about it, as it was a MAJOR selling point of the bike to me after coming off of the lousy cartridge stuff on KTM's I've had for years.
They are trying to sweep this under a rug by altering the description/specs after the fact and people have committed to buying these bikes.
I for one will probably pursue this legally, as I have committed quite a bit of money towards setting up this bike after the purchase in order to race it in off road events.
If this is the way Yamaha intends to do business-through misleading advertisements. I will be cancelling my bike order and probably going to Honda.

:cheers:

You sound like a Honda troll in the first place and good luck with that lawsuit. Wishful thinking at its worst.:p

• Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 11:41 AM

[QUOTE]Im sure it was an honest mistake, I see typo's all the time for this kind of things.[QUOTE]
I think you miss the point. I can't be the only one this is affecting?Or am I?What if you ordered a 6.0 PS Diesel F350 and Ford delivered a V6 Ranger pickup? I think you'd be pissed as well.

[quote name='GCannon']Don't get them too mad, be smart pursue it to the point where you can settle for a set of YZ forks traded straight across for your WR forks and then run like a theif. You will be the winner in the end.[/QUOTE]

Believe me there is a weeks worth of correspondence going on about this.
I have offered to settle for a pair of YZ forks as should everyone who has gotten a WR250 at this point.
What makes me so pissed is had I known that these forks would come on this bike I probably would have passed and gotten something else. As it is now I have to return a boatload of stuff.
I may just say screw it and go back to KTM (and get the SXS forks on it)as Honda valves scare the crap out of me.
I guess this is what I get for trying to go non-Euro. I should stayed with my kind.:cheers:

• Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 11:45 AM

You sound like a Honda troll in the first place and good luck with that lawsuit. Wishful thinking at its worst.:cheers:

Honda Troll!!!!!!!!!!! You are smoking crack. I am the LAST guy to go Honda.The ONLY reason I am considering it is I have a line on a tricked out and plated one with a Revloc already in it presented to me as an option for a great price. But the fact is the Honda has awesome suspension. Even the most diehard hater has to admit that.:p

• Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 11:49 AM

You say that your will move to Honda, do they have twin chamber fork.

Yes the Honda CRFX 450 has TC :cheers: forks.

• PBDBLUE

Posted November 09, 2006 - 01:37 PM

Yes the Honda CRFX 450 has TC :p forks.

And a motor/tranny that sometimes runs! You would do business with a company that sells a product with widely documented reliability issues and refuses to support the owner yet walk away from another because their website was not accurate? :cheers: BTW - you have no legal case since you never took delivery. Even then it would be a longshot at best. If that wasn't the case Honda owners would be rich by now. Get over it!

• SXP

Posted November 09, 2006 - 04:21 PM

[quote name='Chasejj'][QUOTE]
I have offered to settle for a pair of YZ forks as should everyone who has gotten a WR250 at this point.
[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the 250's or the 450's with regards to the misleading advertisement? Or is it for both bikes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:43 PM

[quote name='SXP'][quote name='Chasejj']

Are you referring to the 250's or the 450's with regards to the misleading advertisement? Or is it for both bikes?[/QUOTE]

It is both bikes.

• Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:48 PM

And a motor/tranny that sometimes runs! You would do business with a company that sells a product with widely documented reliability issues and refuses to support the owner yet walk away from another because their website was not accurate? :p BTW - you have no legal case since you never took delivery. Even then it would be a longshot at best. If that wasn't the case Honda owners would be rich by now. Get over it!

I am sooooo over it. I bought a 450X a couple of hours ago.:bonk:

Yamaha just lost one the best customer's they will ever see and the potential to rope in 2 young riders into their loyalty circle. You know how kids get into the color or name or whatever of their first bike. Well......that opportunity is gone now. Maybe Honda can earn it.:cheers:

To bad really as I really wanted to be in the Yamaha camp.

See ya.

• clark4131

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Best of luck with the Honda. I'm a big fan of Honda myself (see my sig), but the CRF-X just scares me. The stories regarding the valve & piston issues and the transmission welding itself solid just didn't inspire confidence when it comes to the dirt bike scene. If they could build one with the XR's reliability, they'd rule the world. But until that day comes, when I'm off the pavement, I'm riding blue for now...SC

• gregwr450f

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:19 PM

I am sooooo over it. I bought a 450X a couple of hours ago.:p

Yamaha just lost one the best customer's they will ever see and the potential to rope in 2 young riders into their loyalty circle. You know how kids get into the color or name or whatever of their first bike. Well......that opportunity is gone now. Maybe Honda can earn it.:cheers:

To bad really as I really wanted to be in the Yamaha camp.

See ya.

Bloody hell, I just saw their stock market report and they are begging you to come back!!
I hope they don't go broke!!
Good luck with your new purchase.........1Sssssssst.........2Nnnnnnnnd ........BANG!

• Anthony CRF450

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:47 PM

this post is funny :cheers:

i had a crf450, hence my login name
no fxxking way would i get another one
done my valves and a hole (in my wallet)
patched it up and traded it in for my blue rocket!!!!!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I am sooooo over it. I bought a 450X a couple of hours ago.:cheers:

Well... good for you. If that makes you happy, then we all are happy for you. I guess you showed all of the Yamaha corporate guys a thing or two. It will be quite a while before they forget you and the money they lost.

btw... what stuff had you pre-purchased while waiting on the bike?

What's wrong with the forks on the bike. You couldn't get them revalved and resprung to your satisfaction?

Is the SHOWA suspension that much better than the KAYABA suspension?

• Chasejj

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:38 PM

Well... good for you. If that makes you happy, then we all are happy for you. I guess you showed all of the Yamaha corporate guys a thing or two. It will be quite a while before they forget you and the money they lost.

btw... what stuff had you pre-purchased while waiting on the bike?

What's wrong with the forks on the bike. You couldn't get them revalved and resprung to your satisfaction?

Is the SHOWA suspension that much better than the KAYABA suspension?

The stuff I bought was stopped as some of it was waiting to arrive and ship as one order. The rest I will return (Zipty goodies,JDJetting,Scotts UBM,Powerpegz)and eat the freight and exchange for whatever is needed for the X. Revloc hadn't shipped yet.Enzo was waiting for the stuff to be sent. c'est la vie.

As far as the suspension...according to most tuners I spoke with......YES the SHowa TC's are the best. Even when compared to the Kayaba SSS and most especially the cartidge Kayabas.
Hey Yamaha won't miss one little guy like me. But w/o forums like this to vent, who would ever hear anything at all except our wives? Who could care less anyway?
I know of a few late model 450X's that are experiencing what would be called normal valve life. So into the valley of RED death I go...................:cheers:

• pkcof

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:58 PM

wow, protest plus and a conviction to boot - (but at what cost?) - i'd much rather an awesome new '07 Yahaha with forks that needed a little fine tuning as opposed to a Honda that ... well that i really wouldn't want in the first place !!
I just read the review in Australasian Dirt Bike regarding the 250/450 WR's and boy did they wrap them up. Having said that i am still more than happy with my '05 and when it comes time to update it, well the '08 WR will be my first option.
I wonder if the smug feeling of protest will soon sour into the '&%$#@! was i thinking' in the months to come as you get to see more and more WR's out there ??
There's no hard feelings and i wish you luck with your new purchase (i have a feeling you may need it)

• WR450RICKO

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:18 PM

KTM is the leader in desert racing. Don't buy any other brand and think you can sue for buyers remorse.
Shut up and ride.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:24 PM

Enjoy your new bike..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.