Anyone put a Big Gun system on? HELP ME

7 replies to this topic
  • dangerranger21

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:12 AM

I just ordered a full big gun system for my 93 600r and the header seemed to have went in fine but the muffler is pushed out to far to line up with the two bolt-up holes... It says right on the box it came in 85-87, 91-99 XR600's... is it common for a machine made product to not be perfect or like a stock exhaust? I am affriad I wil have to do some cutting. Also is the both ends of the piping from the header and the muffler (where they would connect) suppose to be the same diameter size? Becuase they are but i figure the connecting clap would just fix that... Any help would be great! I ordered the product from rocky mountain, spent alot of money and its frustrating I dont want to have to send anything back! Thanks guys!

:cheers:

• huffster

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:19 AM

I would give the guys @ Big Gun a call and talk about your problem with them. Perhaps they can make a recomendation or discover what the problem might be ?

800-870-4461 ask for Mike

• dangerranger21

Posted November 09, 2006 - 12:03 PM

Well I just talked to them they said it was made for the 600L and not the 600R. Big Gun says they dont make an exhaust for my bike only the 2000-present but I guess I have the model for the 600L this is very upsetting... Rocky Mountain tried telling me the 600L and 600R are the same.. SO CONFUSED, but its clear to see that i have the wrong one... Other than XR's only what other system out there will be sure to fit on my 600R?

• BLSBRKR65

Posted November 09, 2006 - 02:13 PM

I'll take it off your hands for you... Does the midpipe need a gasket or is it metal to metal. Maybe you are pushing it in too far? 1 inch is minimum at least. You may need a bracket fabricated. Let me know if you're selling. My 2 cents.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huffster

Posted November 09, 2006 - 02:14 PM

Looks like you are very limited for complete sytems that fit the 93 XR-600R. How about a Q slip-on from FMF ?

• xr650l bum

Posted November 09, 2006 - 03:14 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt the xr 600r, and xr650l use the same exhaust. Big gun does make a full exhaust for the 650l, I think it is call quiet something. Header is fully ceramic coated. If any of you are running this particular exhaust please let us know how you like it!

• xr-jorger

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:28 PM

Im running the big gun EVO X and I love it. the middle bracket was a tough fit but other than that (and alot of persuasion) it sounds and performs great:applause:

• dangerranger21

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:53 PM

It was too much of a hassle... I shipped it back to RockyMountainMC... Now I need to figure what pipe to get... Prolly shoot for XRs only and if all else fails last resort would be FMF...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.