My XR 600r.......

10 replies to this topic
  • zacko

Posted November 09, 2006 - 05:31 AM

Hi All,
just joined the forum tdy....
Was reading through and learned quite a bit.Anyway just wanna share pics of my bike which i just recently did up!!!
Would appreaciate it if u could give me comments and more ideas on how i should do up my bike
Thanks in advance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

]

• dangerranger21

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:07 AM

sweet ride welcome!

• frankstr

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:37 AM

Welcome to Thumpertalk, zacko........
I like your ride....Nice pics...:cheers:

:p :bonk:

• Terez

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Cool Bike.

What specific model Acerbis handguards are those?

• zacko

Posted November 09, 2006 - 05:03 PM

Am not too sure....Took it off my xr400!!!
I wanna make my front forks harder as when i do hard breaking ,the forks tend to go down too much!!!
Ant suggestion on how i can make it harder??
What oil should i use and how much of it!!
Thinking of doing it myself,some advice should be helpfull!!!!
Thanks in advance.......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BRPXL600R

Posted November 09, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Welcome to TT and nice ride! What make wheels are those?

• zacko

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Those are zzr sbk rims!!Did some machining and it fits perfect!!
Rim size 17x3.00(Front) and 17x4.00(Rear)!Wanted to fit bigger rims but my swing arm could only fit tyres size 140 and that the widest it could go!!
Just got my disk brake fitted yesterday!Am using a brembo 320mm disk for the front which was taken off a cagiva mito!!Will post pics soon for u guys to view........
All i can say is that braking is wonderfull now,all i need is one finger and the bike comes to a stop!!Only problems is my front fork as its too soft!!Need to stiffen it!!Ant tips aon how to do that!!

Cheers

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:08 PM

Sweet! looks great and keep us informed on the upgrades! Awsome man!

• Prodiver

Posted November 11, 2006 - 02:56 PM

Rim size ... 17x4.00(Rear)!Wanted to fit bigger rims but my swing arm could only fit tyres size 140 and that the widest it could go!!

Nice machine, Zacko!

I'm doing a similar job on my XR600R.

Looks like the original swing arm(?) Are you sure 140 is the max width that'll fit? Some guys here in the UK say a 160 will just fit OK.

It'd be good to know your findings!

• WebGringo

Posted November 11, 2006 - 03:11 PM

go for normal engine oil, and add on a little bit more than the spec recomend. that would do the trick for ya.

• zacko

Posted November 16, 2006 - 11:09 PM

Yes its the original swing arm and am preety sure that a 160 tyre would not fit into it unless u dont mind it grinding aginst your chain!I too have heard some ppl using a 160 tyre but not sure how they do it!!Could be they change the swing arm????

Do u mean add engine oil with the fork oil???
Dont get what u mean!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Cheers........

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.