Stator Output: wr426f ???????

6 replies to this topic
  • dbleon

Posted November 08, 2006 - 10:40 PM

Anyone know the stock wattage output on a 2001 wr426f??? Im looking to fit a battery, but supposedly i need at leased 75 watts... Any input is much appreciated! Thanks

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 09, 2006 - 06:22 AM

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.
Jim

• NuckingFuts

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:15 AM

120w is correct

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdb

Posted December 18, 2006 - 10:26 AM

If my memory is still working somewhat correctly it seems like the WR 426 stator put out 120 watts. I installed a 426 stator on my WR 400 because it only put out 80 watts. This was over 5 years ago so I could be off a little a on the wattage but I know that it is way over 75.
Jim

Is this right?A higher output 426 stator WILL bolt right in to a wr 400. Also do you have to change the flywheel as well?

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 18, 2006 - 11:30 AM

RDB,
Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.
Jim

• SXP

Posted December 18, 2006 - 12:15 PM

RDB,
Yes, the later model stator is a direct bolt in. And Yes the flywheel is also the same. (all WRs of course) I got my stator from PowerSports Pro back when I did this (about 2001 or 2002) as they were the cheapest but maybe the ThumperTalk Store can beat their prices.
Jim

Jim - did you also have to swap out the regulator (attached to the left side of the steering neck stem) to handle the extra output?

• evilinsano

Posted December 20, 2006 - 09:38 PM

I don't think the regulator would need to be changed. All it regulates is the voltage and not the current. I think it can handle the little extra current supplied.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.