xr650l exhaust

9 replies to this topic
  • brightman

Posted November 08, 2006 - 05:01 PM

hey guys,just joined and think the site looks good .i do have 1 question for ya.will a stock 650r exhaust fit on a 650L bike.i have a 01 650L.HERES THE DEAL,i messed up on ebay and am winning a bid on a exhaust tip for a 650 r.i know i'm stupid ,i didnt notice it was for the r model...so.....i figure ill just get the r muffler and put it on my bike and then i can use the tip on it...kind lame aint it? thanks for any info ,am looking forward to using this site in the future....thanks ,

• zwxetlp

Posted November 08, 2006 - 05:46 PM

Not easily. How handy are you with a torch?
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=429627

Cheers.

• swm007

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Hello, get a dremel tool and grind the welds off of the tip, then remove the two bolts, then pull out the silencer, It makes the bike sound a lot better...( not too loud)...and breathe better..If you dont like the sound...just put it back in with the screws....I had a 650L...traded for a R

• goblin127

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:52 PM

Not too bright man. I would try to resell it on ebay if I were you, but I'm not.

• motivater

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Do you have to rejet your Xr650L if you take out the unsrew and take out the silencer on the end?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hold it up to the bike- if its a near fit and you're good with tools and maybe have a welder...

Or just re-bay it.

Dave

• brightman

Posted November 09, 2006 - 07:57 PM

thats what i figured......thanxfotheinfo....bobby:banghead:

• swm007

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Hello, No U dont have to..But if it has stock jets, U probly need to!.try #158 main jet and #52 slow jet..also take off smog pump If it has it...If U bought the bike used some of these mods may have already been done..But just taking the tip out of the exhaust wont require rejetting...

• Ferdinand

Posted November 09, 2006 - 10:02 PM

How much do you want for it if you decide to sell it?

• motivater

Posted November 10, 2006 - 06:03 AM

Hello, No U dont have to..But if it has stock jets, U probly need to!.try #158 main jet and #52 slow jet..also take off smog pump If it has it...If U bought the bike used some of these mods may have already been done..But just taking the tip out of the exhaust wont require rejetting...

thanks!! Im just trying to keep it simple right now.....have a aniversery yellow 2006 R6 that im putting my time in right now.....thanks again!!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.