Hurrican graphics kit with yellow plastic
black excel wheels
black frame
Bill's thunder series pipe/header
fatty footpegs
MCR suspension setup for 220 pound rider
barkbusters
polished frame gaurds
monster skidplate (I can't remember the brand right now)
Pro Taper bar
Extra WR tank and seat plus oroginal blue plastic (not pretty, but it works)
new rear tire

I can get it for a pretty good price but am new to 4 strokes and don't know anything about them. I do know the owner is a perfectionist, and is always up on the normal maintence. It was only used for recreational trail riding. My concern is will the motor need to be freshened ? New valves and springs ? piston and rod ? Etc. If so what are the costs for some of this stuff. I will be doing most of the work myself , except for the cylinder head asy.
I currently ride a 1996 YZ250, I ride mostly high speed trails, some single track trails, sand dunes and occasionally a mx track.

• 400forkstroke

Posted November 08, 2006 - 04:47 PM

If it works dont fix it.Great machine.VERY powerfull.Make shure you have fresh oil/filter,plug and a good coolant and you should be good to go. In my opinion this is one of the strongest models made.Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

• Butta

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hmmmm......unless you're getting it for under $1500, I wouldn't even consider it. I upgraded from a '98 to my '05 and the difference is blatantly clear. Great buys can be had on '04's for nearly $3000, and they'd be 450's to boot.

Sounds like some more research may be in order before you pull the trigger and buy one....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Smokeslider

Posted November 09, 2006 - 01:08 PM

I've got the 98' and it's been a great model for me, if you get it pretty cheap. BUT!!! Understand that the maint. will probably need to be done by a mechanic now as this bike is not two-stroke and requires quite a bit of expertise to work on, just a heads up

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 09, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Hmmmm......unless you're getting it for under $1500, I wouldn't even consider it. I upgraded from a '98 to my '05 and the difference is blatantly clear. Great buys can be had on '04's for nearly $3000, and they'd be 450's to boot.

Sounds like some more research may be in order before you pull the trigger and buy one....

that price will depend on your market, my brother just got an '05 wr450 for 3900 barely ran which is a steal around here, and less than six months ago my uncle got an '03 wr450 for about 3800 and that too was a good deal. A good looking 426 can go for 3k around here. Grab an AutoRV and window shop the bikes, find simlar bikes and compare prices and packages.:cheers:

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 09, 2006 - 01:15 PM

I've got the 98' and it's been a great model for me, if you get it pretty cheap. BUT!!! Understand that the maint. will probably need to be done by a mechanic now as this bike is not two-stroke and requires quite a bit of expertise to work on, just a heads up

What? are you saying that because it's a 4stroke you have to be a mechanic to work on it? All you need to work on these bikes is this website and a decent set of tools. I bought my bike not even knowing how to start it and not 4 months later i was down to the valves getting ready to shim. THIS SITE HAS EVERYTHING!

• Butta

Posted November 09, 2006 - 04:01 PM

that price will depend on your market, my brother just got an '05 wr450 for 3900 barely ran which is a steal around here, and less than six months ago my uncle got an '03 wr450 for about 3800 and that too was a good deal. A good looking 426 can go for 3k around here. Grab an AutoRV and window shop the bikes, find simlar bikes and compare prices and packages.:cheers:

I would say that in your area, then, WR's are more highly regarded (not sure why). Shouldn't be hard to find a good YZ450 for the mid $3's, though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.