wr450 seat

10 replies to this topic
  • ajscully

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:39 AM

Does anyone know of a softer seat for a 04 WR450? The stock seat is like sitting on a 2x6.

• jaggley

Posted November 08, 2006 - 04:29 PM

sdg tall seat has worked out for me. I also use udder cream on my backside for long rides. You need a little lubrication on all moving parts.

• handlebar

Posted November 08, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Take a look at the Guts racing seats.they have different height and softness foams and covers.You will need to do the work yourself and a air stapler is highly recommended to attach the cover.You can also carry it to a upholestry shop to do it for a small fee.A hand stapler is not strong enough to drive the staples in. http://www.gutsracing.com/

• ETP

Posted November 08, 2006 - 05:17 PM

I've been happy with my tall foam Gutz seat.:cheers:

• 5spoke

Posted November 08, 2006 - 08:01 PM

I can't take sitting on a brick anymore either. What's the most comfortable foam density soft/med/hard? Can you re-use the stock cover and get new foam from guts? What length staples do you use? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted November 08, 2006 - 10:16 PM

I bought the gutz tall seat with the medium hard foam, which way better than the stocker. If I were to only trail ride I would have went for the soft seat. The guys at gutz said it was XR soft!

• bandit99

Posted November 09, 2006 - 08:36 AM

I just bought the GUT soft foam tall seat. I am taking it for a ride this weekend. I will report back Sunday or Monday. It feels a little tall but we will see.

• MountainMax

Posted November 09, 2006 - 09:19 AM

I too have the guts soft, tall seat, LOVE it so much, the stock one really sux for anything over 10 minutes of sitting down.

• baha

Posted November 10, 2006 - 07:31 AM

Guts flame seat cover on soft foam/stock height

• bandit99

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:46 PM

I really like the GUTS tall/soft foam seat. I am 5'10" and I have no problem touching the ground. The seat changes my riding position so I am over the front of the bike just a little more. I feel I have more control. I feel like I am not sliding back as much either.

• KentuckyWR

Posted November 29, 2006 - 02:59 PM

I put the SDG tall seat on my 03 (I'm 6') and it fits me much better and is WAY MORE COMFORTABLE! However, it's the first gripper seat I've had and it took a while to get used to . . . Nice getting it as one unit and not having to staple it yourself too!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.