Fresh meat

4 replies to this topic
  • Stumpy

Posted December 19, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Hi, all. I'm new here, so y'all have some fresh meat to pick apart. I just picked up a 98 WR400 and I need to know all the important things that I will need to check out. First, what is the benefit of clipping the grey wire? Second, can anyone offer suspension tips for a 220 lb intermediate enduro/hare scramble/play rider who likes plush action over whoops and roots and enjoys long moonlit walks on the beach at ni... wait, sorry, wrong BBS. :) Also, how do I (can I) tell whether I have WR or YZ timing without taking the head cover off? Some info about my bike... IMS oversize clear tank, yellow plastic, One Industries Hurricane graphics, Pro-Tapers, Bark Busters, Acerbis dual halogen headlight, Scotts upper triple clamp, and probably some other things I don't know about, yet. I look forward to anything I can learn here about this great bike.

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 19, 2001 - 12:15 PM

Stumpster,
I recognize a GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR!! :)

Just cut the gray wire. It is an ignition thing.

You will have to pull the valve cover to check for YZ timing.

I tip the scales @ 175, so I cannot help you there.

The biggest improvement you can make is getting your carb set to proven specs...Now, where are those proven specs...???

There is a topic on jetting that has now passed a google-plex factoral number of replys. It will take you approximately 40,000 + years to download it. It is worth reading, it you have LOTS OF TIME!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 19, 2001 - 03:09 PM

HEY! I thought you were supposed to be stuffin envelopes tonight? This is why you won't have time to pay attention to Sam Adams!

:) You know that's alcohol abuse right?

Back to work you Underpaid Mail Order Dude.....

Couldn't resist.......Sorry :D

Bonzai :D

• Stumpy

Posted December 19, 2001 - 04:52 PM

OK I thought of some more things that have been done to my bike... Oversize front brake (the cauliflower-looking one), braided front brake line, airbox lid removed, White Bros e-series pipe, and custom blown fork seals.

Does anybody on here run enduros/scrambles with SE&TRA? Gonna be at the Swamp Fox Enduro in January? Anyone, anyone... Bueller?

Oh, yeah, how does one de-octopus their carb? :)

• Bill

Posted December 19, 2001 - 05:12 PM

For local race info, try GNCCYZ on the 250f side of TT. He races quite a bit and will be able to help. You can also try setra's web site.

For a rider of your caliber and stature. You'll need to re-valve and increase the spring rate on the rear, front's (spring rate) will be fine. You can also ask John Curea on this side of TT.

For de-oct instructions go to the technical side of TT and print the parts list and instructions.

Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.