HELP! ANyone got a spare XR 650L engine they want to sell???

27 replies to this topic
  • GIANTac1

Posted November 11, 2006 - 07:38 PM

Yep it happens everywhere these days on PUBLIC forums that you are wrong for trying to help out a fellow member and point them in the right directions. Freedom of speech my arse. Everywhere you go you cant say or do what you please and not get ostersized for it! Just the other day I made mention in my group that I hang out with that the Japs are kicking our butts in technology. And I got reemed over saying Japs! Well guess freaking what! I am a JAP I told them and I for one am not offended by the word Japs. But that goes to show there is no real freedom of speech, just being Politically Correct. PC my arse! Say what you want I say! This is America, the land of the free!

I agree!:cheers: By the way I found all my parts and accessories AND riding FRIENDS here, TT web site. My good riding buddy FUCT(TT MEMBER) is a MAN from Japan,very good man and I miss him! And yes freedom of speech is alive and well, just open your mouth!:p

• frankstr

Posted November 12, 2006 - 10:05 AM

Giantac1, There are rules everywherel,TT does not want E bay ads..:cheers:
Thats a TT rule....Not a big deal....:p

• Quigley

Posted November 12, 2006 - 05:02 PM

Yep it happens everywhere these days on PUBLIC forums that you are wrong for trying to help out a fellow member and point them in the right directions. Freedom of speech my arse. Everywhere you go you cant say or do what you please and not get ostersized for it! Just the other day I made mention in my group that I hang out with that the Japs are kicking our butts in technology. And I got reemed over saying Japs! Well guess freaking what! I am a JAP I told them and I for one am not offended by the word Japs. But that goes to show there is no real freedom of speech, just being Politically Correct. PC my arse! Say what you want I say! This is America, the land of the free!

This forum is not the land of the free, nor is it America... It is a PHP program running off a SQL database on the internet, and every response is just another query to a connection string that can be called from any terminal, with internet access, from anywhere in the world.
You're lucky to have a forum like this with people who take the time to maintain it and ask absolutely nothing from you in return except to respect a few policies. :cheers:

• BRPXL600R

Posted November 12, 2006 - 08:06 PM

This forum is not the land of the free, nor is it America... It is a PHP program running off a SQL database on the internet, and every response is just another query to a connection string that can be called from any terminal, with internet access, from anywhere in the world.
You're lucky to have a forum like this with people who take the time to maintain it and ask absolutely nothing from you in return except to respect a few policies. :cheers:

Hey I would rather pay a membership each year to have a forum that anybody that is a paying member can post any info they seemed fit or necassary to help out other paying members. The only people that are benefiting from this type of censorship are the advertisers themselvles, which I see no problem with in itself. Just kinda limits the people to parts or info on this site where riders come to get info , tricks, parts, etc, etc...........:p I totally agree that this is one of the best Thumper sites out here, but I guess certain inf will just have to be PM'd individually and not shared with the rest of the world of riding thes wonderful BRP's!JMHO! And I am entitled to MHO!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian Wilson

Posted November 14, 2006 - 11:24 PM

Clarification of the rules here guys.

No unauthorized commercial use of ThumperTalk. Members must not use the discussion forums and/or private messaging as a vehicle to promote or advertise the products or services of any business that they are directly or indirectly associated with.

As in you can not promote a "for profit" business on ThumperTalk unless you are a sponsor. Sponsors fund and pay for this site, and others may not take advantage of TT and get for free what the sponsors must pay for. This protects the companies that invest their dollars in keeping TT alive.

No posting for sale ads outside the classified system.

As in you can not sell items in the forums, or post links to your own ebay auctions in the forums. The idea here is people come to TT to search for information.

If you want to know if an FMF pipe will work good on your WR 450, and you search the WR450 forum for FMF. You as a member want to see relevant discussions about how that exhaust performs. You DON'T want to see 500 search results filled with "FMF pipe for sale".

For sale ads clutter up the forums, and make it hard for users to find the information they actually need.

We have free classified system for exactly this reason.

However, you CAN post links to things you find on ebay that are not your own in order to help other members.

For example, someone posts on the site about needed a good place to buy a new seat. You happen to know there's a guy on ebay that sells seats. You are more than welcome to post a link to that item on ebay just so long as it is NOT your ebay ad.

The general idea here guys, is not to prohibit ebay links. It's to prohibit spamming, and to keep the forums on topic and relevant.

You don't like your email inbox filled with 500 spam messages for every 1 real email message. If we didn't have these rules, the forums would be exactly like that. 500 posts of spam, and people selling stuff for every 1 good post of technical information.

• AlbinoPig

Posted November 15, 2006 - 05:16 AM

Brian, Thanks for providing that clear answer. I appreciate being able to direct fellow TTers (or vice versa) to a solution to their problems and you clearly are allowing that. Great site and your response makes it even better.

• frankstr

Posted November 15, 2006 - 06:42 AM

Clarification of the rules here guys.

As in you can not promote a "for profit" business on ThumperTalk unless you are a sponsor. Sponsors fund and pay for this site, and others may not take advantage of TT and get for free what the sponsors must pay for. This protects the companies that invest their dollars in keeping TT alive.

As in you can not sell items in the forums, or post links to your own ebay auctions in the forums. The idea here is people come to TT to search for information.

If you want to know if an FMF pipe will work good on your WR 450, and you search the WR450 forum for FMF. You as a member want to see relevant discussions about how that exhaust performs. You DON'T want to see 500 search results filled with "FMF pipe for sale".

For sale ads clutter up the forums, and make it hard for users to find the information they actually need.

We have free classified system for exactly this reason.

However, you CAN post links to things you find on ebay that are not your own in order to help other members.

For example, someone posts on the site about needed a good place to buy a new seat. You happen to know there's a guy on ebay that sells seats. You are more than welcome to post a link to that item on ebay just so long as it is NOT your ebay ad.

The general idea here guys, is not to prohibit ebay links. It's to prohibit spamming, and to keep the forums on topic and relevant.

You don't like your email inbox filled with 500 spam messages for ever real email message. If we didn't have these rules, the forums would be exactly like that. 500 posts of spam, and people selling stuff for every 1 good post of technical information.

Thanks, Brian, Hopefully everyone reads this and understands the rules...:cheers:

• AlbinoPig

Posted November 15, 2006 - 08:16 AM

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.